New IDOLER mix! Old Skool POD Djent is Back??? (PodX3, DFHS1)

• Thread starter Slampop
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
Hey guys, glad to be back posting again. Really been enjoying hearing everyones stuff on here the past few days! Been working on finishing my IDOLER project finally...it's only seven years later that I've been able to actually get back to my own stuff. Haha! ...Just been doing a lot of production for other peeps in my spare time, already gearing up for Mike Gianelli's next release.

For this stuff, I still rocked the POD X3 and DFHSuperior 1...going for a very particular mix sound that some of you might recognize if you've been part of this forum since at least '07! lol!:lol: It's just one of those stupid goals i needed to see through before i die! :flame:

Anyway, Hope you guys dig the tracks. TBH, this project was always written for vocals, which i will be doing soon (for real this time:metal:)...so, forgive any sort of boring repetitiveness! Ha!

Cheers!:pops:
And Enjoy! :cheers:
"As Waters Part" (Instrumental):
https://soundcloud.com/idoler/as-waters-part-instrument-mix

"Relentless" (Instrumental):
https://soundcloud.com/idoler/relentless-instrument-mix

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
DUUUUUUUDE! So sick to see you back at it! This is absolutely killer as usual

Believe it or not, I was actually jamming some of your old demos just the other day wondering if you'd ever do more with Idoler.

:wub:

kerska

That guy...
Reaction score
Dude, this is really good...

I actually have some of your old demos as well and it's insane how good this has gotten! Really, really dig that guitar tone man. This type of mix had a ton of spin offs, and it's really good hearing something like this again. It's such a polished raw sound...

Can't wait to hear this with vocals dude! :yesway::yesway::yesway:

jimmy906

Reaction score
Aha! you're the guy who posted that amazing rational gaze cover :)
great tones out of the pod once again :metal:

Slampop

Reaction score
@Tree and Kerska: :wub2: Thanks dudes! That means a ton you guys even still gave a crap about IDOLER after all these years! ...makes me feel ":fever:"
...and yes, I am "actually" going to do vocals on all these old tracks now that the mix is dialed in how i wanted it. Just set up my new studio, and a church across the street was throwing away about $2,199 of Auarlex foam after getting a new sound system put in, i was like, "F YES i'll take it if your throwing it out!"...and it's the good stuff too! Still in great condition! So, a mad come up for me and the IDOLER vocals! haha :yesway:

Aha! you're the guy who posted that amazing rational gaze cover :)
great tones out of the pod once again :metal:

The POD will live on FOREVER! :metal:...plus, i'm poor and can't afford anything better! lol :lol: I almost forgot about that Rational cover btw. That's awesome you remembered it...any people still use soundclick these days? It's like a ghost town over there...creepy :stitch:

kerska

That guy...
Reaction score
The POD will live on FOREVER! :metal:...plus, i'm poor and can't afford anything better! lol :lol: [/QUOTE]

It's all about using what you got man, and you obviously have this dialed in to a T.

And that's a MASSIVE come up on the Auralex stuff. I wish I could be so lucky...

Slampop

Reaction score
Thanks so much you guys. happy the POD can still hold a candle to some of these juggernaut processors when dialed in! :shred:

@Alex Kenival: As for jamming, wish i had the time these days, cause i miss it a lot! between work, wife, and child...I'm struggling just to get this project wrapped up before Mike G's next release. But always feel free to pm me some links to material and ideas, ya never know where a project can start. haha. Glad to see someone else rep'n the Bay! :metal:

Also: figured i'd share one more track with you guys, next time i post it will be an IDOLER track with vocals. So, enjoy! :)

Left Without (Instrument Mix):
https://soundcloud.com/idoler/left-without-instrument-mix

noise in my mind

Reaction score
This is awesome. You totally nailed the old bulb mix style, but better...

Getting all nostalgic feels of 2007 lol

illimmigrant

A Different Logic
Reaction score
man, I had to rub my eyes a few times to make sure the "post date" said 2016 instead of being a necro bump of an old thread! haha.
Along with the POD tones from Misha's Soundclick days, it was your stuff that made me want to get into recording. Glad to see you're back.

Slampop

Reaction score
@noise in my mind- :djent:...I'm just livin the dream dude! hahaha. :lol: Really though, this sound in particular has a ton of nostalgia for me as well! It's still, to this day, my favorite type of mix. :metal:

man, I had to rub my eyes a few times to make sure the "post date" said 2016 instead of being a necro bump of an old thread! haha.
Along with the POD tones from Misha's Soundclick days, it was your stuff that made me want to get into recording. Glad to see you're back.

Hahaha! Yea, it's been a while. I'm really glad to be back, and can't wait to be a part of the ss.org community again. i really missed it...and dude, your words really mean a lot, thank you. That's awesome! :)

@Akhenat0n-
YUP...g0tta love the good ole Big Bottom! :taunt: haha!

kerska

That guy...
Reaction score
Dude that Left Without track you posted is really good! Has that slowed down, dark and heavy sound. I dig it. Really like that middle part with the Egyptian sounding leads there. Good ....!

newamerikangospel

Tonight.......you
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of dent, was like "let's see what's going here", and when I hit play, was immediately nostalgic lol.

4rielc

Reaction score
Insane tracks! I like a lot this kind of tone. It has a rawness that is not heard today.

I came to this forum today for the first time (and I'm very new in djent too), but your work is awesome.

Hope to hear more, with or without vocals :metal:

Ruins

Reaction score
I am glad to hear that you are back to this! i am still having your old demos on my mp3 Player rocking my ears :)

just one request, if you are going to "ruin" it with vocals, please release somewhere instrumental versions of your work for dudes like me who are not in to vocals at all

Slampop

Reaction score
Thanks Guys! I really appreciate everyone checking these out. I'm also happy someone here actually remembers what Myspace was! :lol:

just one request, if you are going to "ruin" it with vocals, please release somewhere instrumental versions of your work for dudes like me who are not in to vocals at all

For you, absolutely! I also made all these mixes downloadable on my Soundcloud. But when i actually master these, I'll do a separate instrumental version with the mastering stuff running too and post it here.
...hopefully my vocals don't actually ruin it! Hahaha :scream:lol