New-ish to 7s, not new to guitar

• Thread starter BigSwede
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BigSwede

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey,
Been playing guitar for over 30 years, but recently bought my first 7...I've wanted one for a while, but finally pulled the trigger last year.
I'm mainly a metal/rock guy, but I'm down for anything that has good guitars. I've done all the things...cover bands, original bands, jamming on my own...in the last few years, I've gotten into recording/mixing and built myself a nice little project studio working on stuff for myself/my band, along with the occasional outside project.

Looking forward to browsing the forum and getting to know the gang.

-Nic

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Lots of people here that dig heavy music as well as other types of music, especially when it involves 7 string guitars!

Or 6, or 8, 10.... You know.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Welcome! You've come to the right place!

Also, there's a thread to post demos and your releases. The recording section here is pretty slow, but there are people who record heavy music and will give feedback.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Great forum to be a part of! I'm curious, what 7 string do you own? Did it take a while for your feet hand to get used to the wider neck? Welcome!

BigSwede

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Great forum to be a part of! I'm curious, what 7 string do you own? Did it take a while for your feet hand to get used to the wider neck? Welcome!
I got a Schecter C-7 Rob Scallon signature. It definitely felt different, but not too bad. I honestly haven't really given it a ton of play time yet...something I need to remedy

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Feet hand - thanks autocorrect. Schecter make great guitars. Back when I first got a 7 string, I was 17 or so and it took a bit for me to get used to it. I tried an Ibanez 8 string and nope, couldn't do it lol