New Jackson RR Pro

• Thread starter ResR
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ResR

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am thinking of buying the RR5 Pro Ivory reissue aka RRT 3, i already own one of the old Pros and their quality is just the finest (Made in Japan).
Well, I heard that the production in Japan is no more so can anyone tell me where the new Pro Series is produced? What quality can I expect to get and maybe someone here already got one of those guitars and might say a word or two about them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Desolate1

Reaction score
They are made in Indonesia. I have a Pro Series King V and it is a solid guitar. Mine had no issues at all. I think when the Pro Series first came out they had some quality issues but it seems like they have that sorted out now. Just do not expect it to be at the US Jackson level because it will not be nor will be as good as 90's Japanese Jackson. That being said it is a really good playing and sounding guitar for under a grand.

ResR

Reaction score
Well I found an alternative as well, its a used ESP SV Standard white (discontinued) pretty rare ,it would cost like 1000 €, the Rhoads is 777€.

I played several original ESPs and own one LTD and they were all great only thing I don't like are the boring dot inlays of the STDs.

I also own an early JS Rhoads model made in India, its solid but has its flaws, I almost never play it if my japanese Rhoads is around and in tune.

Already thought about a RR1 but I don't want to spent about 2700€ right now (did they increase the price of the USA models?) and used ones are extremely rare in Europe.

@Turn I already got a RR24, awesome guitar, seems to be custom select only nowadays and about 5000$ if I remember right.

TurnTheAirBlue

Reaction score
You can pick up RR1's for decent money on ebay secondhand. Some sellers are still willing to declare item value low.

ResR

Reaction score
You can pick up RR1's for decent money on ebay secondhand. Some sellers are still willing to declare item value low.

Well I don't wanna risk an Import from the US if such high value is involved, we also gotta pay a lot of import fees and transport cost ,RR1s are pretty rare here in Europe and I can barely find any reasonable priced USA Jackson on ebay or other internet platforms. Even finding such an item as the above mentioned ESP SV STD is pure luck.