New Javier Reyes LTD strat

• Thread starter StevenC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220508-202436_Instagram.jpg

Guys! It's finally happening!

Javier just posted this LTD version of his ESP custom on Instagram. This ticks a lot of unorthodox 8 string boxes: 22 frets, single coils, not metal looking, and a Floyd Rose!

Only disappointed that they're going with a humbucker. Day one purchase.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
Getting a custom pickguard + swapping to a single coil in the bridge wouldn't be a large hurdle, and the hum in the bridge is likely far more appealing for the ERG demographic that's gonna be into this.

I dig it. Wish it was a 7 though 🙃

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
FROcWfYXEAYQZcj

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Whoa! I’m definitely getting one! I’m curious if this will lead to more 8 strings with trems. Not likely, but I’ll take what I can get.

Any info on release date?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Like pre-Covid soon, or post-Covid soon? :lol: I’m hoping we can have these in our hands before 2023, but I’m guessing realistically it’ll be summer of 2023. I’d bet they’re outing them now to make an appearance at NAMM, though, which means they’re probably jumping the gun a bit.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Like pre-Covid soon, or post-Covid soon? :lol: I’m hoping we can have these in our hands before 2023, but I’m guessing realistically it’ll be summer of 2023. I’d bet they’re outing them now to make an appearance at NAMM, though, which means they’re probably jumping the gun a bit.

I'd say mid 2023. They just revealed a new Jeff Hanneman sig and that's slated for 2023.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
I dig it, but I'm never gonna buy another non-multi-scale 8, sorry. To my ears, the 27"+ scale renders the top 2-3 strings lifeless for single note stuff.

xzacx

Reaction score
Oh no. Nooooo! I just ruined this for myself. I realized the ESP version has the 12th fret inlay, and the LTD doesn’t.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
I was looking at Strats this afternoon as I want to get my ducks in a row on some guitar ideas I’ve had for a while.

8 string Strat w/ a Floyd and Fluences just rocketed to the top of the list.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Anyone know what those single-coil pickups are? The market offerings for ERG single-coils is really scarce. Dimarzio has like 1 model and Seymour Duncan two.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Anyone know what those single-coil pickups are? The market offerings for ERG single-coils is really scarce. Dimarzio has like 1 model and Seymour Duncan two.
The original custom guitar had 3 custom sound dimarzios based on the pickups in a 6 string ESP he had at the time. "Build them up" were his instructions apparently. Though they seem to be using Ionizer parts.

No idea what the new set is.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I keep coming back to look at this beautiful creation. God I'm hoping for a 1299 price tag, which I know it'll most likely be 1799.

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
shit I don't even like strats but I want that, 22 frets be damned

and not needing a new guitar after shelling out a shit ton for parts

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

The original custom guitar had 3 custom sound dimarzios based on the pickups in a 6 string ESP he had at the time. "Build them up" were his instructions apparently. Though they seem to be using Ionizer parts.

No idea what the new set is.

He tagged Fishman so probably those. Probably finally getting some 8-string Fishman single coils. Looking closely, they have slugs like Fishmans vs the hex screws on the DiMarzios.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
He tagged Fishman so probably those. Probably finally getting some 8-string Fishman single coils. Looking closely, they have slugs like Fishmans vs the hex screws on the DiMarzios.
Indeed. Along with the humbucker, they've also added a toggle switch so that seems very Fishman-y.

Actually you can just make out the Fishman design on the middle bobbin, so 100% a Fishman single coil 8.

I just hope they fix the pickguard for the production run.