New Javier Reyes LTD strat

• Thread starter StevenC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
For me it's been a process of accepting that I do not need to be playing the 8th string often, just when there's a need for it. Truth is, such a low tuned string to me sounds like a trashy bass/guitar hybrid in most contexts, and actively trying to find use cases for it to justify its existence is exhausting. I'm not Javier, Tosin, Fredrik, or a jazz virtuoso, so I just use it when I think it could sound good in whatever I am playing. Or when I'm playing those people's music. Call me musically narrowminded (and maybe you'd be right) but most things I do don't call for an 8 string, or even a 7 string... which is weird because I've pretty much only played my 8 string the last month and a half :lol: I figure if I play the guitar a lot without TRYING to play the 8th string, I'll eventually just end up writing more stuff with it, which has been true so far.

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

on sale rn if anyone is fiending

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Want to buy mine for $1700? Who am I kidding, I'll actually probably just keep it and stare at it collecting dust for a few more months.

I would if I wasn't broke atm since no work, but maybe in a few months once things pick up

Matt08642

Reaction score
This thread is a peak example of why companies don't release shit anymore :lol: You get pages of people drooling over it saying they'd commit unforgiveable crimes to pay for one and cherish it forever, then it comes out (albeit delayed and harder to find than some other brands) and it's all "IDK what to even do with 8 strings" and "Eh, too expensive actually". For the record I don't disagree with those two points fundamentally (All I use my M80M for is to play Meshuggah songs, and it was WAY too fucking expensive as well), it's just funny to watch unfold here.

Last edited:

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Want to buy mine for $1700? Who am I kidding, I'll actually probably just keep it and stare at it collecting dust for a few more months.

No joke I would in a few more months. I'm still paying off a build at the moment.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
This thread is a peak example of why companies don't release shit anymore :lol: You get pages of people drooling over it saying they'd commit unforgiveable crimes to pay for one and cherish it forever, then it comes out (albeit delayed and harder to find than some other brands) and it's all "IDK what to even do with 8 strings" and "Eh, too expensive actually". For the record I don't disagree with those two points fundamentally (All I use my M80M for is to play Meshuggah songs, and it was WAY too fucking expensive as well), it's just funny to watch unfold here.

It's why I stopped bothering to keep an eye on new products people were excited for because the bell curve between prototype and released is exactly what you said; we're at our peak when it's still in development and looks fairly simple for what it needs to be, then we get the final product with the price tag and it's two years later and it's fucking, "Oops, All Hype-berries!" I'm sure this would've been probably 3/4 of the price if it came out pre-pandemic, but we're not going back to that world for a long time, or maybe never.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Shoot, I might take it for that. I mean, I have one already, but I am the Floyd 8 fan, so I might have to give it a paint job to sparkle pink!