New Job For A Cowboy Moon Healer

Edika

Reaction score
Hey all, I didn't see any threads about this. I think there were some mentions lately about the new album to be released. This band has gone through a lot of changes musically, from MySpace Deathcore Bree Bree sensation to Technical Prog death metal. I have most of their albums and I have enjoyed all their output. I was quite excited for the new album and had a pre order in. I have been playing it quite constantly since I received it but honestly I'm not feeling it that much this time around. The playing is on point but the songs are just meh! It kind of follows the vibe of Sun Eater but without the catchiness. I'm slowly getting into the album and it does evoke emotions but it's not as well structured as their previous outputs. Some music videos and the album streamed by Metal Blade.

I don't know, maybe I'm overly critical and, as I mentioned, I'm getting into the album more and more. It just seemed unfocused to me. What are your thoughts?

Edika

Reaction score
After writing all that, I'm sitting down and paying a bit more attention to the music. It's still a great release, lots of great music just requires more listens to get all the stuff going on. I just need to sit my ass down and get more immersed in the atmosphere of the record!

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I'd rather them do a good but unfocused album than do what Whitechapel did, which was make a focused boring as fuck album.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Sun Eater had more bits that made you stop and take notice, but I think Moon Healer has better songs, if that makes sense.

Edika

Reaction score
Yeah, after repeatedly listening to the record I'm getting into the mood and atmosphere a lot more, to the point of feeling a bit silly with my previous assessment.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Yeah, after repeatedly listening to the record I'm getting into the mood and atmosphere a lot more, to the point of feeling a bit silly with my previous assessment.
This is what happens to me literally EVERY time I decide I don't like an album.

Latest posts