New "Like" system on SS.org

• Thread starter Alex
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alex

Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
New "Like" system was implemented on SevenString.org. Simply click "Like" if you like someone's post. You can also find a thread's "Top" liked posts. Finding the forum's most useful content has never been easier!

Example: Look on the right of this post and notice the "Like" link. Click it if you like my post!

In the end, we'll have to keep either the "Thank You" or "Like" feature. I'll let you guys decide which one to keep.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
How is this different from the thanks really?
It's just an eyesore right now :(

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Great, useless bars of "Likes" in every post of every thread, detracting from the actual content of the post..

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Hm. Definitely clutters things up a bit. Good for lulz though, that's for sure.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
Does this have any bearing on the reputation bar, or is it just for searchableness? Makes more sense in terms of search function; was a bit confused about the purpose when I saw it initially.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I'm going to have to say can the likes, when you get 20 or 30 people liking a post it's going to be a complete mess :2c:

It's good in theory, but is just WAY too cluttered. Maybe if there was a way to move it to the post header next to the direct link so it would be something like this:

Like (x) #16

where x is the number of likes for the post it would be more workable. Also, I see no reason this would replace the thank system since that effects rep for the poster not the actual post content indexing.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
7172ee37.jpg

If ss.org starts linking to Facebook like every other goddamn website, I will burn this mother down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!