New mix, how'd I do?

• Thread starter JesperX
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JesperX

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seybsnilksz

Reaction score
Sounds pretty good! Kick is especially nice. One thing that bothered me slightly was how the snare poked out a bit. It's this very short stick attack that gets through and not much more of the body of the snare during the dense parts. Can be solved with some kind of saturation and/or fast attack parallel compression.

JesperX

Reaction score
Sounds pretty good! Kick is especially nice. One thing that bothered me slightly was how the snare poked out a bit. It's this very short stick attack that gets through and not much more of the body of the snare during the dense parts. Can be solved with some kind of saturation and/or fast attack parallel compression.

Hey thanks for listening and for the feedback.

I agree on the snare, it’s one thing I’ve been wrestling with. There’s parallel comp and saturation on it but I think I might try a bit of clipping to just lop off the transient a little bit and bring the rest of it up before it goes into the main comp.

I may also try brightening the drum reverb a bit to bring it forward next time, I think the verb could be further forward in the mix.

Cheers!

Latest posts