New Motley Crue single Dogs Of War with weird AI generated looking video

• Thread starter Louis Cypher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Mick was a great guitarist and theyre definitely gonna miss him in that aspect. Also, I never heard whether not Mick won his lawsuit, anyone know?

Mick initially sued the band because they refused to release business documents to him. He eventually won in that regard and the court ordered the band to cover his legal fees too. So, that issue is resolved. However, it sounds like the issue about his stake in the band (and whether he "retired" or "resigned" or was kicked out or whatever) is still proceeding through arbitration.

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I like how they thought a return to Generation Swine would be sick. This sounds like Disturbed.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
They all shit talk Generation Swine yet
This is literally a Generation Swine b side lmao
This band is washed man

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
But the fans will like it...because they're stupid.

Most true statement in the thread. A lot of these bands manage to pull off this miracle where people are so nostalgic for their one good album that they'll continuously overlook the plethora of turds they've spewed out since their heyday. Guns N Roses are the next band that immediately comes to mind.

DoctorStoner

θάλλ
Reaction score
I honestly read your title as "Weird Al".

im-658366

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I like all of J5's stuff personally. I don't really give it a spin for very long, but it's at least worth listening to. His solo here doesn't have the same motif based shredding that makes a lot of his songs good so that kind of makes sense to me. I think for most of us it's rare to find a guitar solo that saves an otherwise boring song. I wouldn't blame him for it in any case. I'm honestly surprised Crue is still around at all.

neurosis

Reaction score
Artistic choices for the video aside the song is really bad. It doesn't have one memorable bit in it and feels like a patchwork of tracks.
Like others I am also surprised with the interviews everywhere going on about how horrible Generation Swine is only to turn around and do this: a video full of sonic and visual references to that work. I am super confused.

John 5 is a talented musician. I don't like all he's put out but he must be likable and easy to work with because he's got plenty of credits across numerous albums. He's definitely made a good life for himself.

Based on some comments here I tried to get into the Mick Mars album yesterday and I just can't. I find it equally boring.

This band was definitely a case of the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Hearing the last few years of releases (mostly singles and now Mick's album and whatever this is ) feels like it's all just milquetoast BS.

Also this was a whole cringe fest on its own. The level of energy and excitement in it are irresistible. Contagious even :D

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
So...John 5 continues his streak of being the worst guitarist in a band's lineup history..3 bands in a row now.

Imo, he was fucking awesome in Marilyn Manson. The Golden Age of Grotesque is still my favorite MM album and pretty much the only one I can listen to. Lots of great riffs on it.

Reaction score
Imo, he was fucking awesome in Marilyn Manson. The Golden Age of Grotesque is still my favorite MM album and pretty much the only one I can listen to. Lots of great riffs on it.
That's my favorite Manson album..because of Tim Skold. John's riffs were generic and rehashes of old Manson riffs. He wasn't even the best guitarist in the band at the time of him BEING in the band. Every Manson guitarist had their time to shine and make memorable moments, except John. He never really did anything impressive

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
That's my favorite Manson album..because of Tim Skold. John's riffs were generic and rehashes of old Manson riffs. He wasn't even the best guitarist in the band at the time of him BEING in the band. Every Manson guitarist had their time to shine and make memorable moments, except John. He never really did anything impressive
100% it's a great album coz of Skold. He really took on Twiggy's importance to Mansons music when he joined.
Tims solo work and time with KMFDM is great too, and Shotgun Messiah has always been one of my favourite bands. Harry Cody... what a fcuking incredible guitarist

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Imagine your ancestors carrying a stupid surname like Wharton for hundreds of years just for you to get up on stage and use the even dumber name of Neil instead. Must not have heard who thought that was a dumb idea.

To any Neils out there, you don't wanna play the stupid name game with me. Calm down, I know what I'm talking about.

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
There's a Wharton School of Business, but no Wharton School of Singing.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I was expecting something much worse based on the comments, but to me that was actually not that bad. I won't listen to it again unless it comes up on radio or something, but still, I don't feel like I want my 4 minutes back or anything. I wouldn't have guessed it was Mötley Crüe if it came up on the radio, which I guess is not a good thing.
All in all I'd say it's ok as background music while driving or something, even though it was boring and repetitive and all.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I was listening to some recent Motley Crue shows. Seems like J5 recently switched to EVH amps and his tone is a million times better and less brittle. Still don't like his playing compared to Mick though. And ofc Vince sounds like dogshit.