New Opeth album finished & ready for release

Uber Mega

Try my fist!
Contributor
Reaction score
...aka "Mikael Akerfeldt and Friends", anyway, here's a January 10th interview with Mikael, modest as ever :D:

"Anything else... Hmmmm... let's see... Oh... of course... the album is done, mixed and all. I'm listening to it right now! I want to boast, but I'll keep it together and do it later instead."

OPETH's follow-up to 2005's "Ghost Reveries" is tentatively due in the spring via Roadrunner Records.

Full article: Blabbermouth

Sweeeeet :hbang: no matter what happens to the band in regards to line-up changes, i'll always look forward to a new release by them, because since day one it pretty much has been "Mikeal Akerfeldt and friends". Martin Lopez was still one of my favorite drummers ever though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
sweeeeeeeeeeeeet :hbang:
ghostR was my fav opeth album so far. be tough to match but they/he always does it somehow.
cant wait :scream:

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
Micheal said that out of the past albums My Arms, Your Hearse is the one that would come closest to the new one coming out in the spring :woohoo:

Uber Mega

Try my fist!
Contributor
Reaction score
Micheal said that out of the past albums My Arms, Your Hearse is the one that would come closest to the new one coming out in the spring :woohoo:

That would be f'ing mental. Wouldn't surprise me either, MAYH is possibly the most straight out, ballsy, metally album Opeth have done...and the new line-up probably compliments that style more so than, say, Still Life.

If he's written anything close to Demon of the Fall or Karma then i'll die :bowdown:

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
That would be f'ing mental. Wouldn't surprise me either, MAYH is possibly the most straight out, ballsy, metally album Opeth have done...and the new line-up probably compliments that style more so than, say, Still Life.

If he's written anything close to Demon of the Fall or Karma then i'll die :bowdown:

hehe, those kick major ass but April Ethereal is my personal favorite off that album :metal:

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
:hbang:

If it's done they should release it... NOW! But that's not gonna happen. Gotta hype it first.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm stoked and scared at the same time. Yeah, Akerfeldt's writing plays a huge part, but it'd be a sin to say that it wasn't drenched in Lopez's and Lindgren's special sonic sauce.

No matter, it will be interesting, that is certain.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not getting my hopes up, partially because Lopez' drumming was one of my favourite parts of Opeth, and partially because I'm nervous as hell about this new guitarist, and loved Lindgren's laid-back, melodic style.

But mostly, I figure, if my expectations are low, I can only be impressed.

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
oh shit, i just read in that article that they'll be doing that boat gig thing... the same one that some sol niger within stuff is going to be played with the mats morgan band, im so there! :D