New Orange Amps

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
Just a bit of news on the subject; I got an email from my Orange rep today about the new gear and here's what is coming!

CR60C - 60 Watt 1x12" Voice of the World loaded combo, Rockerverb voiced clean/dirty channels, 3 voice reverb... Street price - $499

CR120C - 120 Watt 2x12" Voice of the World loaded combo, Rockerverb voiced clean/dirty channels, 3 voice reverb... Street price - $699

CR120H - 120 Watt head, Rockerverb voiced clean/dirty channels, 3 voice reverb... Street price $449

The combos are a little up there but a RV voiced 120w head for $449? That's going to be a tough one to beat if they pull through!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

carcass

Reaction score
so .. anyone played the CR120H yet? because i would love to hear opinions and everything from someone who actually played it.

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
dig my Micro Terror - just used it at "band" practice last night - hold up against a drummer fairly well when run thru a 4x12

carcass

Reaction score
I also dig the MT, but I have been thinking about one thing and I cant get it out of my head - the CR120h has "Rockerverb voiced clean/dirty channels", I heard that is has got the same cicruit as Rockerverb and the only difference is that this one is pure solid state (except for the reverb, which is digital) .. and I would love to hear the difference between original rockerverb adn cr120h. I know, tubes are tubes, but still ...

GizmoGardens

ECE/MetalHead
Reaction score
I also dig the MT, but I have been thinking about one thing and I cant get it out of my head - the CR120h has "Rockerverb voiced clean/dirty channels", I heard that is has got the same cicruit as Rockerverb and the only difference is that this one is pure solid state (except for the reverb, which is digital) .. and I would love to hear the difference between original rockerverb adn cr120h. I know, tubes are tubes, but still ...

I heard the Jim Roots Terror has the same tone stack as the Rockerverb.

wakjob

Reaction score
I definitely would like to try that cr120h.

After seeing Blackberry Smoke twice in seven months, I'm really into that Orange amp tone now.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
They still haven't launched. According to our Orange sales rep about two weeks ago, they're still a month or two out.

Elric

Reaction score
This is fun news for folks actively looking for a practice amp, but as someone who already has too much stuff and lots of big amps, the only thing in this product category that Orange could announce that would make me instaGAS would be either a Dark Micro Terror or Jim Root Micro Terror. Those products NEED to exist. I have the MT and love it. I want a Micro Dark Terror so bad it makes my head hurt.