New pickup rings

Arminius

Reaction score
I'm thinking of putting creme colored pickup rings on my blackjack so that it will match the binding. Here is a pic for reference.
DSC03153.jpg

Opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Arminius

Reaction score
I think they are plastic so maybe model paint would work.
Any suggestions on painting plastic?

heffergm

Reaction score
I think they are plastic so maybe model paint would work.
Any suggestions on painting plastic?

Simple. Rough it up with some fine grit sandpaper, then spray it with several light coats, allowing it to get tacky in between coats.

daybean

Contributor
Reaction score
go to home depot or something like that and but a spray can that is for plastics, so the paint will bond better with the rings. then just let them dry in the sun for a while ( a couple of days) before sandpaper is brought out to smooth. 400 will smooth it out evenly, provided you sprayed enough coat, then 800-1000 will kind of buff it, and add a little shine.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Humbucker Flat Mounting Ring - Bridge - Seven Stri - Pickup Mounting Rings by GuitarPartsDepot.com

Humbucker Flat Mounting Ring - Neck - Seven String - Pickup Mounting Rings by GuitarPartsDepot.com

Not even. They're $1.95 a piece, and i'm sure they wouldn't charge much for shipping. Probably cheaper than a can of Krylon Fusion (if you can even find that in cream) and it saves you the time and hassle and it'll look better in the long run.

I agree with this, it's the better way to go IMO.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Now, as payment for our advice, we demand pictures of the results when the new rings are installed.

Should look badass and match the binding very nicely.