ESP 2024

Nightside

Reaction score
449146067_881074034053617_309602440489271350_n.jpg

449095719_881073760720311_35802363559236157_n.jpg

These somehow look cool. What's funny is that if these were Schecs I'd hate them with passion for some reason.
Ick. I wonder how much they're charging for slapping a burl veneer on a $180 M10?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I
I just went to ESP's site to take a look at some LTD models and just noticed the whole LTD Horizon section is no longer there. Unless, I'm blind or something, I can't seem to find it.

If they bring back the LTD H with a real horizon inline headstock, I'm down. Otherwise, LTD is no longer making the H series?

EDIT: Arctic, F, and XTone are all gone from the LTD page. Here is a web archive from April for reference.

I don't think they have made LTD Horizons for some time? They have the MH, H3, and just added the '87 Horizons. I don't think they want to spend the time carving a Horizon top, so largely just don't.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Please, oh please stop using that horrendous "flag" headstock or whatever the fuck they call it. Short of random hack "luthiers" making their own guitars, I legitimately think that the 3x3, 3x4 etc. headstock they've been using on the H models is the worst headstock shape ever.

Waiting for someone to quote this with something way worse, but I'm just going to bury my head in the sand and die on this hill I've made for myself.
I completely agree, that 3+3 always looked terrible on the horizon body. With that said, I do think it looks really good on the F series, other than that, it doesn't work on anything, IMO.

I

I don't think they have made LTD Horizons for some time? They have the MH, H3, and just added the '87 Horizons. I don't think they want to spend the time carving a Horizon top, so largely just don't.

I'm not sure if they made any for 2023/2024, but the last model I know of was in 2022, the purple evertuned LTD H and they also made a Violet Andromeda F series LTD that same year.

It would make sense from a cost savings stand point to remove the full carved LTD Horizon. Only reason I'm bummed is less thin U vs ultra thin u in the LTD line.

Moongrum

Reaction score
I'm 32, and when I first started getting into metal/metalcore, a lot of bands played LTDs, like this one:
Capture.PNG
I think there was a black or white one with EMGs, too. The other ones in heavy rotation were ECs in either black cherry or the flatblack with gold hardware (they still make that one today, I think).
So I'm actually partial to this 3x3 headstock, just because that's what I remember 😅 ESP should not listen to me, though, because I won't be buying either way loll.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I'm 32, and when I first started getting into metal/metalcore, a lot of bands played LTDs, like this one:
View attachment 145816
I think there was a black or white one with EMGs, too. The other ones in heavy rotation were ECs in either black cherry or the flatblack with gold hardware (they still make that one today, I think).
So I'm actually partial to this 3x3 headstock, just because that's what I remember 😅 ESP should not listen to me, though, because I won't be buying either way loll.
No, those are all good.

We’re discussing this abomination

89f1e19ab4EvG8OuP9l5VwhhhtHGRsLkhqjTGJLo.wm-dh.jpg

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
View attachment 145816
I love me a cock stock.

IMG_0589.JPEG

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
No, those are all good.

We’re discussing this abomination

89f1e19ab4EvG8OuP9l5VwhhhtHGRsLkhqjTGJLo.wm-dh.jpg
Doesn't work on sixes, works slightly better on sevens, works best on my seven because I sawed the end off, plugged the far Machine Head holes on the 3 side and moved them back inline with the 4 side.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
279074775_5828746423820751_866481878256260985_n.jpg
287298552_5167047443372866_7520515085425808654_n.jpg

This was mine for a couple years. I liked the headstock on this model only. Looked good in blue. I sold this a year or two ago, I kinda regret it. One of the few gear selling regrets I have. This headstock looks slightly different than the flags I'm seeing here though.

Akartacs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ick. I wonder how much they're charging for slapping a burl veneer on a $180 M10?
I don't get the hate for these (apart from the burl top which I'm not a fan of either):

• They are made of poplar - so are a lot of Jacksons (even some of their signature guitars), and other low to mid priced guitars

• Roasted maple neck with rosewood fingerboard

• The stock pickups are decent - at least not considered garbage when reading about them in other LTD guitars

I might be partial though, I'm looking for a fixed-bridge 6-string guitar and this one just checks almost all of the boxes. I might go with an RG421, though.

Nightside

Reaction score
I don't get the hate for these (apart from the burl top which I'm not a fan of either):

• They are made of poplar - so are a lot of Jacksons (even some of their signature guitars), and other low to mid priced guitars

• Roasted maple neck with rosewood fingerboard

• The stock pickups are decent - at least not considered garbage when reading about them in other LTD guitars

I might be partial though, I'm looking for a fixed-bridge 6-string guitar and this one just checks almost all of the boxes. I might go with an RG421, though.
What pickups are in it? I didn't know about the roasted neck. I thought it was just the M10 with a burl veneer and pickup covers.

I don't mind poplar at all. Or basswood.

Akartacs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What pickups are in it? I didn't know about the roasted neck. I thought it was just the M10 with a burl veneer and pickup covers.

I don't mind poplar at all. Or basswood.
LH-150s. Sure, not big brand name pickups.
But easy to replace if needed.

And the reverse headstock is cool too, I think.