New PRS Day

• Thread starter wannabguitarist
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been thinking about buying a decent hardtail six-string for a few months now and after my daughter was born early last month my wife told me I should treat myself with a new dad gift. I was originally looking at used Schecter KM-IIs, SLS Elites, and Charvel So-Cals but fell in love with a SE Singlecut and a Holcomb 7 at my local Guitar Center. Two days later I was browsing Reverb during a 3am feeding and bought this :lol:

52790777682_8bbdbd22ab_h.jpg

52791331111_c95f811ae6_h.jpg

52791779883_917e3f2ab1_h.jpg

52791722815_1e73301fb6_h.jpg

2019 S2 Singlecut Satin Standard with a custom pickguard and a Bareknuckle Silo in the Bridge. The previous owner was also kind enough to include the original pickguard with the PRS #7 pickups in the case. Spec wise it's a fairly big change from my active pickup equipped Jacksons and I'm enjoying it far more than expected. The plan was to swap the OEM electronics back in as I generally don't like single pickup guitars (one of the first people to take a router to a COW7) or Bareknuckles, but this guitar sounds and looks so god damn good that I'm going to try to live without a neck pickup for a while. It's extremely loud unplugged, has impeccable fretwork, and the satin finish on the neck has worn into a fantastic feeling slick semi-gloss.

After taxes and shipping this guitar was a steal at a little under $1k. It blows every other guitar I've owned out of the water and so I'm trying to convince my wife I need another one as a "surviving grad school as a dad" present :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
As the owner of one in tobacco, hell yeah.

I went down a bit of forum rabbit hole before pulling the trigger and your consistent praise for yours, and the S2 line in general, definitely played a part in my purchase. Thanks :lol:

Pretty cool. I believe in single pickup supremacy.

Oh btw dude WTF with that redwood burl top Jackson? Holy crap that's bonkers.

That's a 1992 Fusion HH that I refinished: https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/some-pictures-of-my-refinished-jackson-fusion-hh.347363/. Essentially a mahogany 24.75in Dinky.

soliloquy

Reaction score
I was actually talking to the owner of that guitar on FB a few weeks prior. Great looking guitar, and loved what he had done with it. Great price too!

I was close to pulling the trigger, before something else caught my eye. Congrats on the baby, and the guitar! enjoy the chugs!

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Did some upgrades:

53600716448_186c2d84e1_b.jpg

53600716153_dcb020eb46_b.jpg

53599631377_58569735a0_b.jpg

SD Blackened Black Winters
Mannmade USA Black Chrome stoptail
PRS Tortoiseshell pickguard
Black PRS tuning pegs

I also bought a set of black pickguard screws and black chrome Mannmade bridge stufs but I'm loving the mixed hardware aesthetic for now. The Blackwinters are sick in this guitar. It just sounds pissed off and beautiful.

Anyways. Buy a PRS S2. Look classy and play brutal riffs.

kriff

Reaction score
Sick! Think I preferred it with the single pickup, but it's your guitar dude. Plus I guess with a pickguard it's only a few hours work to change your mind again.

thrashcomics

Ibanez and Line 6 since 1999
Reaction score
Guitar players will see this and say "Hell yeah."

This thing is like a grown up Gothic LP.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Still gawking at that Redwood burl tbh, but nicely done all around.