New recording online/First single

metallkrieg

Reaction score
Hi!

I've been a longtime member and even longer lurker here in SSO.

This week my first single went online on most big online music stores. Here's the link to Spotify.

Words can't describe how happy I am and how grateful I am to this community. I've learned a lot here in the forum and this is the apex of all my hard work in the last years.

I'm an Informatics Engineer, I have a day-time job, am in the middle of creating my own business and I'm a recent dad, so time (and cash) is minimal. I try to make do with what I have and be grateful for every minute I can spend playing, practicing and composing. So, with that in mind, know that I cheat wherever and whenever I can (Toontrack is my biggest friend).

On to the gear used:

Everything was recorded with either a Schecter Jeff Loomis 7FR or a Fender Strat with a Hot Rails (seriously the best sounding guitar I've ever played) in the bridge and a cheap Yamaha RBX bass.

Amp wise, I play trough a Blackstart Dual, AMT F1, AMT Tube Cake 3 and a Celestion V30 loaded cheap cabinet.

Drums are EzDrummer 2 Drumkit from Hell.

Recording process:

I come up most of the songs without even touching the guitar. Guitar wise that is. When I feel that I have a "song", I figure what I'm thinking about on the guitar and tab it in Guitar Pro. When that's done, I start programming the drums (still in Guitar Pro).

This is when I like to switch to my DAW (Presonus Studio One), import the drums MIDI track, apply some pre-made EzDrummer patch and use that as a guide to record everything (guitars, bass, voice(s), and piano).

Then I iterate through the various tracks polishing the recording, adding overlays, applying EzMix presets, fine tuning the drums and making sure everything plays well together.

Voice wise, I'm a terrible (clean) singer so Melodyne is my hero. I keep it's usage to a minimum tough so as to retain humanity.

In the end I think I've achieved a passable result. The goal, sound production wise, was to get close to that hyper realism that Annal Nathrakh do so well. Personally I just want to make music that I like to hear.

Leave your opinions, ask questions, etc... Constructive criticism is very welcome, as is following me (Hecatombe) on Spotify, Facebook, Twitter etc... :cool:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metallkrieg

Reaction score
No SSO love?

Have a Soundcloud link =)

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/user-136679825/once-more-ere-i-move-on[/SC]

Unleash The Fury

Reaction score
Dude. Firstly I wasn't digging the vocals, but as I listened to it I realized that it fit into the music. It sounded so evil! But then you came in with the clean vocals and made the song so much better. I liked that part alot. The vocal harmonies went together perfectly. Very cool track you got here

Latest posts