NEW RECORDINGS - PLEASE LISTEN - metallica cover and more death metal riffs

Dylan S

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recorded some more riffs for the song I had half written the last time I posted some recordings, and for a bit of fun I covered an easy metallica song - for whom the bell tolls. There aren't any vocals on it yet but there will be soon, and I've got to make some of the drum parts more technical too.

Listen to 'for whom the bell tolls' and 'sky of maggots - heavy bits'.

EDIT: Welcome Home (sanitarium) has now been added.

Please enjoy and let me know what you think.

SoundClick artist: Dylan Smith Music - I take things I like from plenty of bands and genres and put them together, and not all necessarily

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hawkevil

Toast Wiper
Reaction score
Your tone is really good. What are you using to record your guitars?

"Welcome home" sounds really good too. The tone is very close IMO.

Dylan S

Reaction score
I'm using metalshop tones with my toneport. :)

Maybe I should upload my tones. I used the same one for all of the songs on my soundclick, tweaked slghtly differently in the mixing process each time however. It's a big bottom model that sounds rather dull and a bit too 'wet' when you record, but as a result, it responds very well to being compressed.

For the leads it's a patch I made with the treadplate model because I got sick of always using the soldano model and wanted to use something different. :lol:

My guitar is an ESP horizon NT with Dimarzio D Activators and my bass is a yamaha RBX375.

Hawkevil

Toast Wiper
Reaction score
That would be awesome if you could upload your presets.

I'd love to play around with the clean one!!!

Espaul

Reaction score
YeaY!!! Metallica! :D seriously I'm not beeing sarcastic

It seems that only less and less like metallica.. like they're too mainstream and dull...
I get lost in my thoughts..

I liked your tone, and the playing was nice. It's good to be hearin sum metallica covers fo' sho' ;)

net48734

Reaction score
ahhh...Sanitarium. That first lead brings me back to younger years... Mix sounds good but one thing... the hi hat. Im sure you hear it too. More reverb... or something.

Dylan S

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I think when I do the final mix with the vocals I'll chuck some more reverb on the hi-hat and bring it back a little in the mix. I can notice it way more now that you guys have brought it to my attention.