New Rig Day - Line 6 Firehawk FX/Headrush FRFR

Doug Craft

The Squirminator
Reaction score
I have to say I am very pleased with this combo.

This unit has all the modeling power of the Firehawk 1500 amp without the weight of a road-worthy FRFR guitar cabinet that weighs 65 lbs. And, it is less costly ($400 shipped) compared to competitor's floor units. I went with 2 Headrush 12" FRFR cabs ($300 ea) which are not light, but still very portable - and this allows a very cool wide stereo image that I am loving.

I have an Amplifi 150 with a Shortboard floor controller, and the Firehawk FX unit has many similarities to the Amplifi setup. Added professional features I like on the Firehawk FX include balanced stereo outs, external FX loop connections, and USB for recording. I am using the FireRemote app on an Amazon Kindle and it works more reliably compared to the Amplifi Ap and features a looper option (needs more looping time for my taste, however) and easy to program FX switches. You are free to experiment with device placement in the chain and the mods, amps, cabs, filters, etc.

The sounds from the Firehawk FX are very impressive and I have set up clean and high gain patches for four of my guitars currently in my practice rotation. I demand versatility in a guitar rig and the Line 6 Firehawk delivers that in spades. Clean tones sound robust and shimmery and the high gain options are ready to metal as much as you want. Highly recommended unit if you like modeling amps.

I also have the option of using smaller PA speakers I have if the Headrush cabs are too big for a given performance. Here's some vendor pic as I am too lazy to go down into my basement and shoot my own photos...

did9kquyidirn2s7ad8j.jpg

tj9ueokfvxidjkskcjxx.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I have the FHFX as my backup board to the Helix. If I run it into Reaper with a good IR after it, its hard to note the difference in playback, but it is a little less lively to play through. How much does the Headrush 12" weigh?

Spinedriver

Reaction score
I have the FHFX as my backup board to the Helix. If I run it into Reaper with a good IR after it, its hard to note the difference in playback, but it is a little less lively to play through. How much does the Headrush 12" weigh?

According to the spec sheet, the Headrush weighs about 36 lbs.