New Schecter Models Megathread

CleansingCarnage

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
New addition to the 2024 catalog
Screenshot-2024-07-12-21-57-42-436-com-instagram-android.jpg
Someone got paid to come up with the "Humbarker". How did I miss out on that career path?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They are better than the abalone era, but they still don't get the idea that very simple looking guitars can be much sexier than burled tops and flamed veneers. Hell, talking rock and metal I honestly don't recall the last time I've seen a gig or even a whole festival with guitarists playing flamboyant looking guitars. Are black and white guitars boring? Great, then make em natural looking.

Can you find this ugly or boring?
hou1xjcjpsevbdxiyjqb.jpg
ooh i actually dig that red. But half of my guitars are some shade of red lol

yan12

Reaction score
Oh man, what I thought was my one of my dream Sunset Customs is for sale: https://reverb.com/item/83437964-schecter-sunset-custom-ii-2023

First saw it on an Instagram cross post between Schecter & DCGL but never saw it for sale on their website so I guess it was snapped up quickly. I was quite interested to know how much it would cost...now I have a good idea!

Why whoever ordered that went for a thicker neck profile though...Most of the Sunset Customs seem to have a pretty thin profile. I would be so tempted to buy that one if it had the thinner profile, and I still had enough money saved, but I spent it on multiple other guitars over the last year. Funnily enough the cost price I paid for my current collection is almost exactly the same as this one. Guess I'll have to wait until I can afford to go for a full custom order...one day.

That sparkly Danskimo sig looks really cool. I don't get going for a 3 voice pickup and then only using 2 of them though. I reckon gold hardware would also look cool on that but black works nicely. If I was the signature artist I'd ask to do a Gotoh trem version in addition to the Evertune, so fans can buy their preference...fixed or trem.
The reason the neck is larger is that it is a Masterworks neck. When they put those on USA production bodies, they call them hybrids. I have owned a few. Sometimes a custom neck does not turn out right for the customer, so they save it for another build. I have first-hand experience with this as a result of my last build. I wanted a nice slab of birdseye for the board, but when it was done, they did not think it was as nice as I had requested. They built another neck for my guitar, and the first neck wound up on another build about 3 years later.

I had requested a very large neck, even for Schecter. They triple confirmed my dimensions, so when my first neck showed up at DCGL on a different guitar and I played it, I almost bought it. The spec sheet was exactly what I had ordered except it was bound.

Anyhow, that is why some bigger necks make it on to other guitars, and I often hunt for those when I have extra $$$ which these days is a real bitch.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Finally got to play one of the Reaper Elite multiscales this weekend, and I can say that I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on one blind. There was nothing fundamentally bad about it, but for some reason the neck felt really beefy. Allegedly the same shape and thickness as the neck on KM7s which I love, but it felt like it had massive shoulders. Other than that and the dead ass strings it felt really solid.

Is there some nondescript difference between Reaper, Banshee and KM necks when it comes to the Ultra Thin C, or is it kind of random like with ESP and LTD's U shapes all being radically different with the same name?

Nobody

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Went to GC today and checked out a Sunset Extreme 6 and the Aaron Marshall signature. The signature looks really good in person.

Nobody

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What about the sunset extreme? What are your thoughts about it after trying it out?
It’s cool! I’d definitely think about buying it if I were in the market. They had the red and grey. Both looked good