New Song! Acoustic transition to 8 string electric guitar!

Omega_Shred

Oroku Saki
Reaction score
So… after a very long time, I recently started messing around with recording with my microphone again. I mainly use DI to track my guitars, and since I don’t really record a lot of acoustic I don’t really have the need to use a mic often, aaaaaand because of this I don’t really practice singing or write acoustic segments, so for this idea I implemented a couple things I’ve been wanting to work with.
One being an acoustic/melodic segment in E Standard tuning transitioning to a nice heavy riff on my 8 string tuned EBEADGBE. Second, being that I wanted to practice singing again, like I said, it’s been a VERY long time, but I definitely enjoy singing even though I’m not very good. I first started trying to sing a couple years ago, practiced for two weeks or so and haven’t put much effort since. Third thing in mind was the overall arrangement of the song and structure, this short idea is actually a very dense application of a style of writing I intend to go into a lot more in the future, but anyways here is a cool little idea I wrote, hopefully you can dig it!

Here's the link!: https://soundcloud.com/metal-ideas/turn-in-your-sleep

Feel free to comment, share, like, support in any way is always much appreciated! And feel free to post your own recent musical endeavors on this thread as well! I always appreciate hearing new music!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.