New Sterling 7 string at NAMM?

• Thread starter lewstherin006
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Also I like the green color from the JP70 so if those exist it'll be great :D

Yes, JP70 is the best selling guitar in our lineup, so it's not going anywhere. Again, we just might be adding some colors, so stay tuned on that.

We tested the waters of adding the CL/LF to a 7 string with the JP70D-PWH. That sold out in under 24 hours at Winter NAMM earlier this year, so my necessary market research was finished with that slam dunk.

Adding the JP170D to the line really rounds things out now, as it compliments the JP100D as it's 7 string counterpart.

JP60 has the JP70 as it's 7 string brother, so no lonely JP's in the line anymore.

Oh, and the JP60 and JP100D will probably, just maybe, get some love as well. Actually, those are gonna be mind blowers if you like this JP170D!

Again, stay tuned... \m/

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shredmon

Reaction score
It Looks really tempting, its a pity that they are so much more expensive in Europe.... Even the Standard jp70 is 870 euros in Europe, i guess the jp170d will be at messt Around 1000 Euro. Greets

Tyler

Reaction score
Is there anything different about the bridge from the original JP70 since its mentioned in the picture?

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
Pretty sweet, but I haven't handled the sterling bridges much so I don't know if they're any good.
With a good setup these bridges stay in tune pretty well. Not 1:1 with the EBMM ones, but after my bandmate threw good lockers on his JP60, it stays in tune even with abuse.

putnut77

Reaction score
Looks pretty cool. Im looking for a JP, maybe Ill check one of these bad boys out.

Suho

Guitar Guardian
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks attractive, but I'm content with my JP70D-PWH and my GAS for most other guitars has been pretty low these days. More options are always nice, though.

nikolazjalic

Reaction score
the tops seem nice but the deal breaker is the lack of body scoop for me. LOVE the JP body style in general but the forearm scoop makes it

JustinG60

Reaction score
the tops seem nice but the deal breaker is the lack of body scoop for me. LOVE the JP body style in general but the forearm scoop makes it

interesting ...because the basswood body did it for me. i had an EBMM JP12-7, put a bunch of different pick ups in it, could never get over a soft sound of basswood. sold it to get a Carvin made with tone woods i know i like. (mahogany and swamp ash haha)

Suho

Guitar Guardian
Contributor
Reaction score
interesting ...because the basswood body did it for me. i had an EBMM JP12-7, put a bunch of different pick ups in it, could never get over a soft sound of basswood. sold it to get a Carvin made with tone woods i know i like. (mahogany and swamp ash haha)

I know what you mean about the sound of basswood, which I often am not a fan of, except that on my JP70D it simply sounds awesome. A lot of it has to do with finding the right pickups. I never thought my only 7 for a while would be made of basswood, but here I am.

TonyGD

The (other) Dude
Reaction score
Yes, JP70 is the best selling guitar in our lineup, so it's not going anywhere. Again, we just might be adding some colors, so stay tuned on that.

We tested the waters of adding the CL/LF to a 7 string with the JP70D-PWH. That sold out in under 24 hours at Winter NAMM earlier this year, so my necessary market research was finished with that slam dunk.

Adding the JP170D to the line really rounds things out now, as it compliments the JP100D as it's 7 string counterpart.

JP60 has the JP70 as it's 7 string brother, so no lonely JP's in the line anymore.

Oh, and the JP60 and JP100D will probably, just maybe, get some love as well. Actually, those are gonna be mind blowers if you like this JP170D!

Again, stay tuned... \m/

Beautiful, can't wait to see the new guitars!