New Structures EP

• Thread starter AboutBlank
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AboutBlank

Reaction score
Single is out:

As I totally liked every album in its own way, I'm really happy that Structures are back.
Even with Brendon (vocals last album), I really like his voice (probably because he has similarities to Adrian Fitipalde's style from earlier Northlane).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I dug the single. I wasn't a huge fan of their last album. loved their style before that change.

Flemmigan

Snoofin' your gear
Reaction score
I have a complicated relationship with this band. One one hand, these guys had one of the most memorable EPs in early 2010s djent/metalcore catalog. I probably listened to it a few hundred times fall of 2011 while studying at college. On the other, they rode that wave into a pretty lame debut LP and lamer sophomore effort. It seems like the band basically fell apart after their attempt to get into the Volumes/Emmure djunt crowd didn't go so well. IMO if they had developed the unique metalcore/post-hardcore/punk elements of their sound a bit more instead of just going for chugga chuggas, and smoothed out the transitions with all their frenetic song parts, they could've been at the top in the scene today. It's too bad because I still love the EP and a few songs from Divide By, but I just wish they hadn't gone full Emmure on like half of that album. Never could make it through the 2nd album despite several tries. That being said, I'm still open to being impressed and stoked to hear what they put out this time around.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Love that they're an environmentally conscious band now too haha
Probably has something to do with their vocalist also being the bassist for Northlane.

At this point, metalcore/hardcore bands saying that they are "eco conscious" and preaching it in their music is just a cheeseball aesthetic.