New Suffocation song!

• Thread starter Thep
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sevenstringj

Banned
Reaction score
No meat to the guitars at all.
Is it just me or Blood Oath, and this, have incredibly weak tone? No meat, totally.
Well, keep in mind this particular song has no chugging, and they don't employ that kick-for-each-note 'core/Meshuggah ripoff gimmick. :yesway: This is easily the clearest tone they've ever had on tape--first time I heard every note on the first listen. :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score
Well, keep in mind this particular song has no chugging, and they don't employ that kick-for-each-note 'core/Meshuggah ripoff gimmick. :yesway: This is easily the clearest tone they've ever had on tape--first time I heard every note on the first listen. :metal:

Chugging followed with kick drums and bass can be weak too. Personally i prefer grit, rawness, power, heaviness and meat over clarity, though its good when there is a lot of clarity, there can be a good compromise, so its powerful etc. but still has enough clarity to know what is going on. Plus, im not big -core and "chug for the whole song" fan.