New Synergy module - April 17th

• Thread starter MetalDaze
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score

Ben compared it to his Rev G. The G has more presence while the Drect has more low mids going on. I like the real thing a lot more tbh. The Drect almost sounds like he's using the neck pickup

I think the Rev G has more upper mid kerang and a bit less lower mids, but they get closer with a boost.

I think they sound more similar than I expected.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
How different would you say the 6505 and SLO are?

I have a 6505, but considering a SLO. To me, it seems like it would be similar to the green on the 6505.

I think this new DRECT looks pretty cool also. Seems pretty true to the Recto sound. However, it would probably be tighter and clearer than an actual Recto, like all the modules are.

Ok, synergy's green 6505 compared to the synergy SLO:
the lean low end is similar, but surprisingly, the green 6505 is more hollow and jangly, whereas the SLO has these sweet full mids. I hardly dial up the green 6505 as I'd prefer a more marshally sound for that lo mid gain thing or 6505 red if I want hi gain...and that 6505 has that signature hi mids spike

The synergy Recto has a boatload of low end, comparable to the syn Uberschall. Not tight at all
Initially, I thought it sucked like a blanket over my speakers. Eventually, I dialed it in by cranking up the presence and treble, and of course, goosing it with an OD boost set to clean.
Unlike my rectos in the past, this synRecto actually inspires me to play leads and can also get into the Santana smoothness. But yea, it is basically a chug machine on red.

SLO seems hi fi and Hollywood metal- when tracking leads I often get frustrated with my own playing and then turn to tweaking tones- the SLO is a life raft as it always sounds right.
The 6505 is just way angrier, and the Recto I think gives me that sound that works for me the best...but then again, I love 90s and 00s nu metal.

Shask

Reaction score
Ok, synergy's green 6505 compared to the synergy SLO:
the lean low end is similar, but surprisingly, the green 6505 is more hollow and jangly, whereas the SLO has these sweet full mids. I hardly dial up the green 6505 as I'd prefer a more marshally sound for that lo mid gain thing or 6505 red if I want hi gain...and that 6505 has that signature hi mids spike

The synergy Recto has a boatload of low end, comparable to the syn Uberschall. Not tight at all
Initially, I thought it sucked like a blanket over my speakers. Eventually, I dialed it in by cranking up the presence and treble, and of course, goosing it with an OD boost set to clean.
Unlike my rectos in the past, this synRecto actually inspires me to play leads and can also get into the Santana smoothness. But yea, it is basically a chug machine on red.

SLO seems hi fi and Hollywood metal- when tracking leads I often get frustrated with my own playing and then turn to tweaking tones- the SLO is a life raft as it always sounds right.
The 6505 is just way angrier, and the Recto I think gives me that sound that works for me the best...but then again, I love 90s and 00s nu metal.
Sounds faithful to the amps. I have a 5153, SLO modded Jet City, and a Triple Recto, and that sounds pretty close to how I would describe the actual amps. The SLO mod is closer to a modded JCM800 type sound. The Recto is darker and more laid back, and the 5153 is harsher and more aggressive. The SLO mod sits between the two.

I would imagine, like all the Synergy modules, the Drect is probably a little tighter and a little more compressed than the actual head. That probably helps with the lead playing.

I thought about grabbing a SLO, but I am thinking I would like the Drect more. I basically use my SLO mod as a Recto type sound that sounds crossed with a JCM800.