New Tattoo day - Full Sleeve Session 3: Moby Dick is finally in colour!

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
Finally, today I went into the shop to get some colour onto good ol' Moby Dick. Since the whale's white, we weren't sure what to do, and Vincent suggested greys and yellows with white highlights. I agreed and we went to work. The pictures will speak for themselves. Now all that's left is the whalers in the boat on my forearm and the boats and sky on my shoulder, all of which should be taken care of on August 28th. I tried to get pics of the whole thing, but couldn't get a decent picture of the back of my arm, the pics I got will give you a pretty decent idea anyway.

Continued from my thread from Session #2 two months ago.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/of...-day-full-sleeve-session-2-a.html#post1509395

anyway, here's the important part.

100_1856.jpg

100_1851.jpg

100_1850.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

windu

Reaction score
looks fucking sick bro! you got a good artist, btw you look kinda like the guitarist from beneath the massacre (but then maybe im just super tired and my eyes fail me lol)

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
:holy:

It looks great !

you have to get some better photos :metal:

Thanks! I'll get my girlfriend to take some more soon. I would get her to do it tomorrow, but I have to go to a wedding :noway: a fresh tattoo in a suit is gonna be uncomfortable.

looks fucking sick bro! you got a good artist, btw you look kinda like the guitarist from beneath the massacre (but then maybe im just super tired and my eyes fail me lol)

Thanks a lot, man! Finding the right artist is one of the most important things when it comes to tattooing. I'm just lucky that the artist I found is located in my city. I woulnd't even know if I look like the guy from BTM, cuz even though they're from Montreal, I've somehow managed to never see them play live :lol:

that looks sick..kudos on getting one. i want one too, but in my line of work it is a big no-no...shame!!!

That really sucks that you can't have tattoos because of your job. I decided to go the risky route and start tattooing myself before I even knew what i wanted to do for a living. I sure hope nobody has a problem with tattooed english teachers, cuz that looks like the direction I'm headed in. Long sleeve shirts :yesway: haha

EliNoPants

Reaction score
at the very least, Moby Dick is an acceptable thing to have a tattoo of, it's not like it's some super black metal piece of nuns masturbating with crosses and sucking off Satan or anything, you can have something that can be both intense and socially acceptable going the Moby Dick route...and regardless of the content, it looks to be very well done, even with the quick mirror pics you put up, good job on picking a tattoo artist that seems to be pretty good

post fancier pics though, that shit looks way too cool to be giving us these quickies

Despised_0515

Bassist of Redivider
Contributor
Reaction score
Siiiiiick tatt dude and damn unique I might add.
Can't wait to see it finished and can't wait to have money for my own sleeves.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
uper black metal piece of nuns masturbating with crosses and sucking off Satan or anything,

THat sounds awesome. \m/

OP's tattoo is fucking aamzing, too. Thats some of the shit that i look at and was like "I wish that was on my arm"

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
that looks sick..kudos on getting one. i want one too, but in my line of work it is a big no-no...shame!!!

Get them in places your employer will never see, I'm getting my back filled with the idea of turning it into a suit piece of the style popularised in Japan; 3/4 sleeves, down the backs of my legs and wrapping around my sides but leaving the middle of my chest blank so if my shirt is unbuttoned you can't see it.

Got motorbike gear to pay for first, which is slowing progress on my back, which seems to be taking forever!

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
why moby dick?

I wanted to get something that both meant something to me and had potential to look really sweet. Well, just put a modern spin on things, let's say. Equate the whale with mother nature and Captain Ahab and his crew with humanity. I think it reflects our condition right now. Humans take it upon themselves to dominate over everything, while realistically, i think we've got our hands a little too full. There some things bigger than us that we really have no business dealing with, and because we insist on destroying everything, I believe we're going to one day go the way of Ahab and his crew. If we keep up our ways, they may be the means to our end. You know, the things that we seek to destroy because we seem to think that it's our divine right, will end up destroying us. That sort of thing.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
Its the nicest full sleeve I have seen too, its absolutely phenomenal work!

Thanks, man! that's a really awesome thing to hear when you spend that much time and money on something. Plus the pain. I mean, the important thing is that I like it, but knowing that other people like it makes me feel good about it too. At least I know I won't be made fun of for having gotten something I like that just makes me look like a toolbag.

funny side note, in all google searches, if you type in "shitty", shitty tattoos is the third most common search. I don't want to be one of the guys that search leads to :lol: