New Taylor 314ce (+ video - percussive tapping)

• Thread starter FMG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FMG

Reaction score
Alright guys?!
I was fortunate enough to find this used Taylor 314ce on Gumtree for £750. Bargain! Here's a video for you all ....

'Transition' (Percussive Fingerstyle Acoustic Guitar) - YouTube

Absolutely love it. Great playability, gorgeous tone. Only 'disadvantage' I can think of is the size, it was pretty awkward performing this particular composition.

Hope ya'll enjoy ;-)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
I saw that guitar up there and was tempted, but pulled back my budget and am going to get a Breedlove Atlas or Seagull Entourage instead. I'm glad it's gone to someone who can really play, I like your song dude, and the guitar sounds great, full and strong.

FMG

Reaction score
Cheers mate! Yeah I played a few Breedlove acoustics last week at the Acoustic Avalon event and was impressed, the Atlas is a beautiful model. In my opinion, you can't beat Seagull in terms of value for money though. I owned a Natural Elements model, and for it's price, it was truly astounding. I would like to get an all solid wood Seagull model in the future.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Well I played a 314 today and gotta say, should have gone for it! Liked the 214 a lot as well, unplugged different but great, but the pickup system in the 314 is amazing. How are you liking the guitar now you've spent some time it?

ROB SILVER

Reaction score
Awesome video!!!

I saw Trace Bundy live a few weeks ago and I've been trying to abuse the neck of my acoustic with two hands since.

Excellent job anyhow sir!

FMG

Reaction score
Thanks guys! The guitar has been played in a little more now. I've realized that I really adore the sound; simply chords just shine through so well. The whole body resonates and sounds so full. The woods give the guitar a brilliant playability and feel, it's simply a pleasure to play and hold. This was mentioned before, but the only thing that bugs me is it's size (in relation to me). I'm not a big guy, and sometimes the tapping stuff is awkward when you need to change hand positions so frequently.

Cheers, Rob! Yeah Trace has a really unique approach to the guitar. I love how he uses and moves multiple capos in one song.

I did another few videos with my 314ce, please check them out ;-) Links in my sig!