New Tool album confirmation

• Thread starter Papaoneil
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Also will not believe until I'm holding it in my hands/listening on whatever streaming service. And even then, I STILL think they could be fucking with us.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Anyone putting hope in a Tool release date that isn't official is a fool.

My main concerns are over Maynard on this record. I really hope he makes me look like a prick. But I'm worried his lyrics will be preachy and that he will use a load of voice distortion and not provide that human counterpoint to the Tool machine as he does on their masterpieces Aenima and Lateralus. This will be a big release for me, I adore this band, bag of nerves!!

Catalyst Collide

Reaction score
In the same camp - believe it when I can actually listen to it. I love Tool but I just have to wonder if there is any possible way that it lives up to the hype and delay. I just don't think there is any way that it can. Not that they will care as a band - and I kind of love them for that. I'll just be happy with a great album.

MickD7

Reaction score
It’s not down to whether it’s true or not anymore.

It’s down to whether it will be any good and whether anyone cares.

It will also divide the fan base ‘right in two’ in regards to those that love it or hate it. Get ready for the biggest upset in music history for the last 10+ years.

All that being said and done let’s hope it’s more actual songs and less 10 mins long ambient noise tracks.

I do want it to be good but I have accepted the fact that I should not hold my breath.