New Wireless Day

• Thread starter Andromalia
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I got tired of having to deal with a guitar cable at home, especially because the roborock complained about it a lot, so I bought myself a cheapo wireless system for exclusive use at home. It's as simple as they get: on/off button, charge indicator, ON/OFF indicator (blinks: not paired, solid: paired) that's it.
Got those for 50€ on Amazon on the premise that I could send them back if they sucked and... they don't. You start them, they do the job without tne need for any kind of setup, without noticeable latency, one is on the guitar and the other on the front input of the axe 3. Can't discern any quality issue, no noise, no sound alteration...
I think that the brand is just an OEM but I'm pleasantly surprised. Now I just need wireless headphones.
They come with a custom two-headed charging cable which is a good idea.

All in all, it's worth giving those a try.

1680005819230.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I tried them, and a few other budget one's, just cause of the low prices. I have the Boss WL20L and love them, only caveat is using them with active pickups requires a stereo to mono adapter to work properly (otherwise battery drains fast and there's a low high pitch noise). I sent these, and all the others back. These went back because no matter which of my guitars I used it with there was a little bit of clipping when playing on the clean channels of my amps (both of them). Didn't matter if the guitar had active or passive pickups, still did it and I have 4 guitars as well as a 5-string bass. Did it with all of them. The other brands had too much noise as did the Lekato as well. I have basically zero noise with my Boss unit but there was a clear audible hiss with the Lekato. Fine though for home use, rehearsal, and practicing. Enjoy! Nothing like going wireless.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I tried them, and a few other budget one's, just cause of the low prices. I have the Boss WL20L and love them, only caveat is using them with active pickups requires a stereo to mono adapter to work properly (otherwise battery drains fast and there's a low high pitch noise). I sent these, and all the others back. These went back because no matter which of my guitars I used it with there was a little bit of clipping when playing on the clean channels of my amps (both of them). Didn't matter if the guitar had active or passive pickups, still did it and I have 4 guitars as well as a 5-string bass. Did it with all of them. The other brands had too much noise as did the Lekato as well. I have basically zero noise with my Boss unit but there was a clear audible hiss with the Lekato. Fine though for home use, rehearsal, and practicing. Enjoy! Nothing like going wireless.
I tried these and a couple other budget ones just to have a backup to throw in my bag in case my Sennheiser went out and everything under $100 on Amazon that I tried clipped so hard with my active-pickup guitars that it almost sounded like it was cutting out. Most were ok with passive humbuckers and they all seemed to work fine with single coils, but my main players are active-equipped. If it works for someone, good deal!

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I have basically zero noise with my Boss unit but there was a clear audible hiss with the Lekato.
I have so far only tried them with an axe fx, my latest strat acquisition and headphones, it's very possible a real amp might not work as well. To note, I have hearing aids and excellent hearing when using those so I put them on to check if I hear anything weird and no. (I don't usually wear them inside headphones as there's some active weird EQ balancing that makes listening to music inside headphones not a very pleasant experience)
I haven't so far tried active pickups, which might be an issue as I have a good 50% of my herd with those.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I don't think I could voluntarily spend money on anything with micro USB in 2023. ;)

Do you notice any interference with a microwave running?

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think I could voluntarily spend money on anything with micro USB in 2023.

As an IT tech for a living I agree with you. However, they are still fucking everywhere and inescapable at least for a while longer...

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I don't think I could voluntarily spend money on anything with micro USB in 2023. ;)

Do you notice any interference with a microwave running?
It's not like I don't have a gazillion compatible cables all over the place.
As a side note, no I didn't check with the microwave on, but I did check with active pickups and no issue so far.

1680122891000.jpg

I tried all I could and it doesn't clip at all. So I'd say either the newer models are better, or the issue is pairing them with real amplifiers.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I had the whine issue as well with all the active guitars I used, and it was with an Axe FX as well. But I also had a pedalboard with a pedal or two in between.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Just make sure you transport them in their box. I had a Mefe 5.8ghz set that was great but put them in my gig bag and the transmitter has a grounding issue now like a bad cable. Finally found another set on ebay and the transmitter was bad on that set too, had to return. Guy at work sold me his Mefe UHF set and they suck. Clip when I pick remotely hard, even with my p90 jazzmaster. Really hates my emg guitars. Gonna just spend the money on the digital ones.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Ya those are exact copies of the useless MeFe ones I have. They're good for a line level signal if you wanna run direct or eliminate some cables in the 4cm, though. Just keep them powered lol.