NGD: 1990s Grover Jackson Soloist

• Thread starter Ikaruga
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ikaruga

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
On my new quest to collect 90s MIJ Jackson headstock superstrats I recently bought this Grover Jackson Soloist.
The exact model was not stated and it´s still unknown to me. So if anyone has an idea based on the S/N please do share.

It has a cool galaxy black finish, Schaller bridge and pearloid inlays. Not a fan of rosewood fingerboards on soloist but overall I´m quite happy with it and it plays great.
The neck is surprisingly slim, kinda Ibanez-ish and much slimmer than my Jackson RR24 and J2SP.

On a sad note I also bought a Charvel Soloist SL-140 but it arrived with a cracked headstock. Had to send it back and ask for refund.
At least it looked like a great guitar with a lot history. The bound ebony fingerboard with MOP inlays looked amazing, just how I like them.
Well sometimes you lose I guess.

ScatteredDimension

Sixstring Regular
Reaction score
That broken headstock is heartbraking to see...
Gongrats on the new guitar, eventhough it might not be exactly the same specs but still the golden era axe and I bet the neck feels amazing and the craftmanship is top notch.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Congrats! I always prefer the ones with the Schaller trems over whatever low profile trem they sometimes used instead.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DimMak

Reaction score
That grover looks exactly like my 95 Professional XL, except the neck heel is different.

I have since put a new schaller and pickups in it.

Attachments

• 20231022_030516.jpg
    20231022_030516.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Honestly that headstock might've been repairable. However, you can't go wrong with these Japan market Jacksons.