NGD: 2000 Ibanez RG7620 GN

SlipknotKoRnfan

Airline Pilot. Ibanez Afficionado.
Reaction score
Finally snagged one of my bucket list guitars... a '00 Ibanez RG7620 in Grey Nickel. Found this one luckily on Facebook Marketplace only a 20 minute drive from my house! Was a great deal as it came with an Evolution 7 in the bridge and a Prestige hardshell case. It's definitely been played, there are some scars but overall in great condition for a 20 year old guitar. It's exactly the one I wanted...with the 3 piece maple bubinga stripe neck! (my fave Ibanez neck). It has some fret wear and definitely a couple of high frets I need to sort out. She was filthy when I got her but I took apart every nut and bolt and stripped the trem down to the bare baseplate and scrubbed it clean. A bit of pitting on the trem but no powder cosmo fading! Only thing I need are powder cosmo knobs as it looks like they were swapped for black. Anyways pics!!

full

full

full

full

full

full

Family shot!

full

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Very cool! Fantastic 7 strings those. Appears to be in great nick as well!! Loving the rest of your Ibanez too!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Nice, congrats on the guitar...

i also see that you put white bobbin toppers on the pickups and a white tip switch on your RG2027XVV... They look cool that way, right?

SlipknotKoRnfan

Airline Pilot. Ibanez Afficionado.
Reaction score
Nice, congrats on the guitar...

i also see that you put white bobbin toppers on the pickups and a white tip switch on your RG2027XVV... They look cool that way, right?

I've had those on for a few years :) but I realized that I'd like to go back to the stock look, I prefer the black as it blends in with the headstock. Just waiting for my Dimarzio Titans in the mail then it will be black pickups and black switch tip again!

Merrekof

Reaction score
FINALLY!! Haha.

Looking good, I might even like this colour better than the black one.

77zark77

Reaction score
Congrats man, I own one in that partcular finish - It's a great axe to play AND to see :)

Aewrik

Reaction score
Very nice find!

I miss rosewood already... bleh macassar ebony : (

Br00tal420

Reaction score
Wow! Sweet grab, shes sleeeek. I bet it feels good to finally find one of your bucket-list guitars. Your collection is outrageous. More pics of the family please!!! COngrats. :eddie::cheers:

I play music

Reaction score
It has some fret wear and definitely a couple of high frets I need to sort out.
If it has a lot of wear, I'd consider getting it refretted with stainless steel. I have done that and while it cost me almost as much as the guitar itself it was so worth it.

lewis

Reaction score
1) what a beautiful finish! - congrats
2) Wish the headstock was matched
3) I would go crazy and get brushed steel pickups in it haha and maybe Titianium nut/saddles

stretcher7

Reaction score
I used to have one. Sold it. A bad decision. Happy NGD!

davefishman777

AKA ALPHA DEALER
Reaction score
Finally snagged one of my bucket list guitars... a '00 Ibanez RG7620 in Grey Nickel. Found this one luckily on Facebook Marketplace only a 20 minute drive from my house! Was a great deal as it came with an Evolution 7 in the bridge and a Prestige hardshell case. It's definitely been played, there are some scars but overall in great condition for a 20 year old guitar. It's exactly the one I wanted...with the 3 piece maple bubinga stripe neck! (my fave Ibanez neck). It has some fret wear and definitely a couple of high frets I need to sort out. She was filthy when I got her but I took apart every nut and bolt and stripped the trem down to the bare baseplate and scrubbed it clean. A bit of pitting on the trem but no powder cosmo fading! Only thing I need are powder cosmo knobs as it looks like they were swapped for black. Anyways pics!!

full

full

full

full

full

full

Family shot!

full