NGD: 2014 Schecter JL-7 - Pics & vid inside

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
I have sent back 2 of the 2014 JL-7Fr's because of the trem cavity being routed way to big. Also the trem on both were mounted crooked. I love schecter guitars but all of the 2014 models I have come in contact with had massive QC issues yet still played and sounded great. So I suggest after receiving your 2014 schecter check it over massively it will not be perfect.

Sorry to hear! Mine was perfect!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Edika

Reaction score
I thought my appeal for black guitars had irreversibly gone years ago, but damn that thing is sexy! One quick question, because I might have misread your comments, does the JL also had stainless steel frets? I thought only the Keith Merrow had them. Cheers!

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
I thought my appeal for black guitars had irreversibly gone years ago, but damn that thing is sexy! One quick question, because I might have misread your comments, does the JL also had stainless steel frets? I thought only the Keith Merrow had them. Cheers!

Yup, it's got SS frets!

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
All the Schecters I own were routed too small for trem.
I had to make routing bigger to be able to remove the trem without removing the strings or mounting studs wich is a must for me because it saves a lot of time when doing adjustments and maintenance.

What is the disadvantage of "way too big routing"?
Never seen such a thing.

In my experience this isn't an issue with the main rout on the front, but the one that goes through the body where the block sits. If this is spaceous enough you can just dive the bar a little and pull it out, even if the rout for the baseplate recess is super tight. (I like taking the trem out too whenever I fiddle with the setup. :wavey: )

iloki

Reaction score
The trem route seems perfectly fine on mine...

trem is also mounted straight and there are no other issues. It just looks awesome, plays awesome, and feels awesome. :) As TheShriddinHand confirmed, these are absolutely SS frets.

and I'm still loving the EMG's... not something I thought I'd really ever say again lol.