NGD! 2016 Content.

• Thread starter Nitrobattery
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
Just picked up this 2016 Les Paul Traditional in a trade. It's actually a hilariously nice guitar. Gibson must be trying to come back from the 2015 fiasco and put a little more love into the 2016 line.

On to the pics...

Photo%20Oct%2024%207%2047%2050%20PM%201_zpsqamfe3l3.jpg

11220853_10153506821179733_2658659214145745443_n_zps6tzzu4ts.jpg

IMG_4240_zpsvmq4u58z.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Edika

Reaction score
By the title I was sure it was going to be a Gibson LP!

Nice guitar and hopefully we'll be hearing less Gibson hate and more Gibson awesomeness this year.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
I'm curious what "hilariously good" ends up meaning :lol:

HNGD!

I've have a bunch of Les Pauls over the years from the 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000's. I'm a huge Gibson fan, but I think we can all agree that they haven't been exactly putting out some of the best stuff as of late. I traded a Caparison for the Traditional and the Splawn Quick Rod, and had every intention of keeping the Splawn and flipping the Les Paul. After a setup though, I'm really enjoying the LP. It's incredibly loud acoustically and I'm really enjoying the 57 Classic pickups. My other guitars have pretty hot pickups in them at the moment, so it's nice having something a little mellower though.

The tuners, however, are typical Kluson style garbage and will be going immediately :lol:

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I'm jelly of your Les Pauls and also your Splawns... how are they? Obviously they'll be great for high-gain, but what are the cleans like?

As for the LP, get some faded nickel pickup covers on there as a matter of urgency... looks awesome though!

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
I'm jelly of your Les Pauls and also your Splawns... how are they? Obviously they'll be great for high-gain, but what are the cleans like?

As for the LP, get some faded nickel pickup covers on there as a matter of urgency... looks awesome though!

I have a newer Nitro and an older Quick Rod. The Nitro has a 'cleaner' clean channel than the QR while the Quick Rod has more of a Plexi clean. Though, I've heard that the newer Quick Rods have a warmer clean tone more like my Nitro.

Warg Master

Weeping strings...
Reaction score
I was unexpectedly floored by a lp standard in my local GC platinum room. I think that maybe Gibson could have redeemed itself....i never thought that possible.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
I was unexpectedly floored by a lp standard in my local GC platinum room. I think that maybe Gibson could have redeemed itself....i never thought that possible.

I've been hearing that a lot lately. I'm actually going to check out some of the 50's Tributes this weekend. I've always wanted a goldtop, so I may just do something stupid and add another 2016 to the collection. Might as while snag them now while Gibson seems to care...for now :lol:

ASoC

Downpicker \m/
Reaction score
Nice pair of LPs dude! I always love the way LPs sound (especially Customs) but I never find any that I get along with (not to mention my firm belief that the price for a new one is absolutely ridiculous). One day, I'll find one that feels good for a good price and I'll finally have access to that thick, full tone I love. HNGD!

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
Ive heard good things about the 2016s. Grats man. Nice Splawns too \m/

Thanks!

I've managed and worked in a number of music stores over the years and have worked as a repair tech for just as long. I've worked on/set up hundreds of Gibsons over the years, and I've seen some really, REALLY bad ones come through. Twisted necks, electronics issues on new guitars, bad neck angles etc. The 2015 instruments were some of the worst guitars I'd seen them put out in ages.

That said...

After the 2015 backlash and sales plummeted, I think Gibson got the message. My 2016 is absolutely killer, and I just checked out some other ones and they're all flawless. The guys over at the Les Paul forum are also over the moon with theirs.

To anyone who's been on the fence about buying one, now might be the time. I very well may go pick up another one this weekend.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
HNGD! I can vouch for the 2016 line as well, my SG P90 Standard is awesome. I really enjoy playing that one. I've been thinking about picking up a Firebird or Explorer from this years models as well. I wonder how the new tribute lines are? Played any of those? I replaced the Klusons on my SG with Gotoh SD90 MG-Ts and 10mm conversion bushings.

apiqdjd9l__60092.1424897075.1280.1280.jpg

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
HNGD! I can vouch for the 2016 line as well, my SG P90 Standard is awesome. I really enjoy playing that one. I've been thinking about picking up a Firebird or Explorer from this years models as well. I wonder how the new tribute lines are? Played any of those? I replaced the Klusons on my SG with Gotoh SD90 MG-Ts and 10mm conversion bushings.

apiqdjd9l__60092.1424897075.1280.1280.jpg

The tributes are great bang for the buck guitars. I've got a 50's tribute goldtop on my list of guitars to pick up soon.

Reaction score
Wow, what a tremendous NGD. :) Congrats!

JGibson must be trying to come back from the 2015 fiasco and put a little more love into the 2016 line.

This is very good news, I'm pleased by this :D Is this the first review for a 2016 Gibson on this board? It's the first one I've come across... I'm thrilled you only have good things to say.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
Wow, what a tremendous NGD. :) Congrats!

This is very good news, I'm pleased by this :D Is this the first review for a 2016 Gibson on this board? It's the first one I've come across... I'm thrilled you only have good things to say.

The Les Paul forum is filled with guys raving about them. Even guys with older Les Pauls who were furious with the state of present day Gibson are over the moon.

Here's a little clip of it in action.

Reaction score
The Les Paul forum is filled with guys raving about them. Even guys with older Les Pauls who were furious with the state of present day Gibson are over the moon.

Here's a little clip of it in action.

That... TONE

39541-tears-of-joy-at-computer-6mhS.jpeg

Tears-Of-Joy.jpg

The fact that even the jaded, bitter internet cynics are having this good of an experience is VERY promising.

Latest posts