NGD! (27 fret Xiphos content)

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
So, I accidentally ...

I had been gassing for a Xiphos since they were first released, and now I finally got around to getting one! :)

So here goes:

23880717099_9248387d05_o_d.jpg

23952972460_95c90ae68d_o_d.jpg

23620330054_26c4d9f4f7_o_d.jpg

24248568565_7201c7560a_o_d.jpg

It's a XPT700XH, it has a 25,5" 27 fret neck and Dimarzio D-activator and Air Norton S pickups. So it should be awesome! :)

I don't get to try it out yet though :( I'm going on a cruise to Stockholm over the weekend, so I won't get to try it before sunday...

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Is that the one with candy paint that kind of turns from green to orange? I saw one of those in Finland last year.

n4t

Reaction score
Great finish, Great pup setup.

If it were reverse headstock I'd lose it right here and now.

:bowdown:

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Is that the one with candy paint that kind of turns from green to orange? I saw one of those in Finland last year.

Those ones didn't have 27 frets. I believe this one is "just" the flat green.

Epic axe. I wish Ibanez would push this shape more, but I suppose the pointy shapes just don't sell well enough.

Hachetjoel

Ibanez whore
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't get to try it out yet though :( I'm going on a cruise to Stockholm over the weekend, so I won't get to try it before sunday...
I was trying to buy one of these back when they first came out as well but then accidentally bought a jem, just so you know it's not going to be there when you get back.

No just flat green, the 24 fret models have chameleon paint

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
This is definitely THE model from the Xiphos series, sweet pickup and HNGD!

Yep! I might've prefered the chameleon finish, but otherwise it's perfect, at least on paper. I'll try to post some kind of clips once I get to try her out :shred:

I wish Ibanez would push this shape more, but I suppose the pointy shapes just don't sell well enough.

Yeah, me too. Like I said, I've been gassing for one since I first saw one in a catalogue back when I bought my RG1527 (that's like forever ago :lol: ), so I've really been hoping for it to break through too.

Oh and I forgot to mention that the seller was kind enough to take the guitar to a shop for setup before shipping it since he hadn't played it for some time. It even seemed to be in tune right out of the box when I took the pics :)

Wildebeest

Reaction score
These were great, I played this model a lot in a store when they first came out. Congratulations. The world needs more 27 fret guitars.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
So here's a little shredding clip for you :) Instead of just playing some random stuff, I decided to record this solo with the new guitar straight away. The strings are a little too loose though, so my bends aren't exactly perfect.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether the edge 3 can be directly replaced with an edge pro bridge? I was thinking because I've read some bad things about the edge 3 (haven't come across any problems myself yet) and I bought an edge pro for another guitar that I don't use, so I could switch them over if they fit :)

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Ugh I want a black or white xiphos 7 with a maple neck. UGH. Is the fret access as retardedly nice as it looks? Congrats on the grab!

Latest posts