NGD=7620(Silverburst Content)

• Thread starter setsuna7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

setsuna7

Poor Gearwhore
Reaction score
Just got this from a fellow guitarist in my city. You guys might have seen it before, I am the third owner(IIRC) after Apiss(first owner)the one responsible bringing it home from IKEBE.

2000. Maybe Apiss can confirm if this is the same guitar.

The best trem ever!!

Now, the stock New 7s are too muddy for my taste. I'll go shopping tomorrow for a Nazgul or Pegasus, or D'activator or Crunch Lab, or maybe an Ionizer.
Which one of these you fine djentlemen thinks will help me get close to JP's tone on the self-titled plus Whitechapel's tone on OEW.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ASoC

Downpicker \m/
Reaction score
Wow that still has the New 7s in it? I've never seen one come up for sale with the stock pickups. And it's got a killer finish, I'm a sucker for silverburst :wub:

As far as pickups, the D-Activator has been mentioned and I would also recommend it. I've never tried the neck pup, but I have the bridge model paired with an Air Norton 7 in the neck of my 7620 and I love them. If you'd like, I have a test clip/cover recorded with that guitar.

Rhythms are the bridge pup and the melody is the Air Norton
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/theberb/kens-theme-street-fighter-ii[/SC]

stretcher7

Reaction score
Arghhhhhhhhh! I had a 7620 in Gray Nickel and I wanted to silverburst it! Sold it instead:wallbash:

Looks SWEET!!!!:hbang:

Congrats!

setsuna7

Poor Gearwhore
Reaction score
Wow that still has the New 7s in it? I've never seen one come up for sale with the stock pickups. And it's got a killer finish, I'm a sicker for silverburst :wub:

As far as pickups, the D-Activator has been mentioned and I would also recommend it. I've never tried the neck pup, but I have the bridge model paired with an Air Norton 7 in the neck of my 7620 and I love them. If you'd like, I have a test clip/cover recorded with that guitar.

Rhythms are the bridge pup and the melody is the Air Norton
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/theberb/kens-theme-street-fighter-ii[/SC]

Yeah dude, it still has the New 7s in it,pretty much in immaculate condition for a 15 years old guitar.

ASoC

Downpicker \m/
Reaction score
Yeah dude, it still has the New 7s in it,pretty much in immaculate condition for a 15 years old guitar.

You're not kidding, that Lo Pro looks so clean!

Mine is a 97 serial number that was owned by a touring band, and it definitely looks it's age

Albi

Reaction score
Not a fan of silverbursts, but I am sure a lot of Korn fans would disagree :)
Sweet guitar, and very well kept. With the appropriate choice of pickups it will be perfect

Hachetjoel

Ibanez whore
Contributor
Reaction score
Now, the stock New 7s are too muddy for my taste. I'll go shopping tomorrow for a Nazgul or Pegasus, or D'activator or Crunch Lab, or maybe an Ionizer.
Which one of these you fine djentlemen thinks will help me get close to JP's tone on the self-titled plus Whitechapel's tone on OEW.

Well on the self titled jp used illuminators, and those are also the best 7 string pups out right now, so those. But iirc white Chappell has used both crunch lab /liquifire and dactivators before, so maybe dactivator bridge liquifire neck would be a good route.