NGD- 8-string pawn shop lulz!

• Thread starter JeffFromMtl
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
id shit myself if i ever saw an 8 string in a pawn shop. and id probably buy it on the spot too. nice score! i keep hearing lots of good things about the SC models, even the LTDs. id like to get my hands on one.

This. thats why i don't go to pawn shops. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
I'm coming to Montreal and I'm going to steal that from you. :squint::lol:

I'm only slightly kidding about that, hell if I could afford a trip to Montreal, I'd just buy the guitar new. :lol:

Congrats, duder! :bowdown:

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
woah nice grab dude,
the only guits i find in pawn shops are squires and old bc richs lol

but it seems kinda suspicous, i dont think somone who knows about guitars would take that into a pawn shop

it might be stolen bro :scratch:

Because 8 strings are so awesome and djenty that no one could possibly not like them :spock:

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
There's a Schecter Hellraiser Devil 8 in my local pawn shop, and that is what tied the knot for me to get an ERG!

I find that 8 strings have a very comfortable neck width IMO, and this guitar had a pretty good neck profile, not like other schecters with louisville slugger style necks.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
Not bad at all, dude! Put it to good use.

If attempting to learn how to play every single Danza tune is putting it to good use, then I shall :cool:

And everything off the new Deftones record, but that's not going to be nearly as difficult :lol:

I haven't gotten to experiment much with it, but being my first 8 string, I'm hoping that it opens a few doors in my playing and creativity as well.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
Because 8 strings are so awesome and djenty that no one could possibly not like them :spock:

I think what he meant was that anyone who knew anything about guitars probably wouldn't take it into a pawn shop and get like $200 for it, when they could sell it elsewhere for much more.

srrdude

White Space Jesus
Reaction score
There's a Schecter Hellraiser Devil 8 in my local pawn shop, and that is what tied the knot for me to get an ERG!

I find that 8 strings have a very comfortable neck width IMO, and this guitar had a pretty good neck profile, not like other schecters with louisville slugger style necks.

pretty sure the 8 have the same thickness as the so-called slugger necks. The impression of it being thinner probably comes from a higher width/thickness ratio. Kinda like how people rave about the loomis neck compared to the hellraiser...i have both and they are the same. Satin smoothness gives a faster feel and that makes people think its thinner or profiled differently i suppose.

nojyeloot

Reaction score
images

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
So, now that I've gotten to spend a little more time with this thing, I can say I absolutely love it! It reminds me just why I've always really liked ESP/LTD's. It's got a great over-all feel and my hands couldn't have asked for a more comfortable neck; It actually feels more comfortable and playable in my hands than any of the 7's I've owned (an RG7321, RG7421 and Agile Interceptor Pro 27) :lol:. The 808's seem alright, but I've traditionally not gotten along with EMG's much, so time will tell. The Hipshot bridge is also way more comfortable than any other flatmount-style bridge I've tried and straight-up looks better too, with the tasteful satin finish. I had a few reservations about the scale, as I didn't really feel the 27" scale on my Agile, but it just feels right with this guitar, and obviously, keeps things nice and tight :yesway:!