NGD | Absolutely Blown Away

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
I'm not a chrome guy, matte silver hardware would look real handsome on it but I can't find the bridge in colors other than chrome, gold and black.

Trying to decide on new pickups... the stockers are good, but I've been playing bareknuckle War Pigs for so long they sound thin to my ears. Nail Bombs maybe.

Yea that pickups are 100 percent me. Might wanna get some fishman classics i there and get gloss black hardware on it.

Black knobs, black bridge, black sperzel tuners and black rolling spring trees. The g string is a bitch when i barely just touch the trem

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
lmao I was gonna do my first NGD thread in like 10 years because nobody had posted a DK24 yet. Looks like I missed my chance.... yours is even the same color.

Had mine for about a month but haven't had much of a chance to play it, I use a different guitar for gigs so I was playing my Nitefly exclusively and only pickin the Charvel up when I was sick of practicing. Naturally the Parker thanked me for my dedication by drifting out of tune over the course of the set so by the end I was really wishing I had just set up the Charvel properly and used it instead.

Very sick guitar. About 90% as good as my Suhr for 20% the cost. I was being really picky and went around all the local music stores trying out all their DK24s to make sure I got a good one. QC, at least when it comes to the neck and setup, seems really tight on these guitars. A couple were a little less toneful than others but overall they were consistently great. Much better than anything I was seeing from Ibanez in the same range because I did check out and eventually discard the idea of picking up an AZ224. More money, but less good? Ibanez needs to get it together.

After playing a bunch I was so stoked on the build quality I ignored my own rule and ordered one in. It did not disappoint at all. Great stuff Charvel. I'd keep an eye on anything coming out of FMIC's Mexico factory. I ordered a DKA8 right when they announced it and it wasn't good at all but it seems like they've stepped it a lot since then.

View attachment 75361

Enjoy the fiddle bruh

Nice!
Yeah I've played a bunch of DK24's recently and have been really impressed. It was hard for me not to grab the HH in Burgundy Mist Metallic a few weeks back, it was fantastic for the price.

I think you should do a new thread NGD for this beauty, who cares if there's two? These look so good.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Nice!
Yeah I've played a bunch of DK24's recently and have been really impressed. It was hard for me not to grab the HH in Burgundy Mist Metallic a few weeks back, it was fantastic for the price.

I think you should do a new thread NGD for this beauty, who cares if there's two? These look so good.

When I get time maybe I'll do a combo NGD and OGD thread. Nobody ever posts threads about guitars they've owned for a long time, I'll post pics and blurbs on all of them and how they relate to each other. Could be helpful for people who don't get a chance to try things locally.

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
Nice I just bought a Burgundy Mist DK from Sweetwater it was delivered today. Its a killer guitar I had mine Plek'd and setup with 10-46 NYXL's they do a killer job.

Whats your thoughts on the pups? Curious to see if other owners of these dk24s have the same feelings to make sure im not crazy

Rich5150

Reaction score
Whats your thoughts on the pups? Curious to see if other owners of these dk24s have the same feelings to make sure im not crazy

ive only played it for a lil while so far, but I’m kinda up in the air on them there not bad but ima also not sure if they will stay in it and not sure what I’d put in either

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
ive only played it for a lil while so far, but I’m kinda up in the air on them there not bad but ima also not sure if they will stay in it and not sure what I’d put in either

Same. Like the sound is kinda what I am aiming for a bit, but something seems off with them. I can't really explain and if I did it would be vague as hell and be up to interpretation amongst everyone here.

I wanna chug, but yet I also wanna do some EVH on this.

Rich5150

Reaction score
Same. Like the sound is kinda what I am aiming for a bit, but something seems off with them. I can't really explain and if I did it would be vague as hell and be up to interpretation amongst everyone here.

I wanna chug, but yet I also wanna do some EVH on this.

Same here i can’t put my finger on it. It seems a little bright to me, I’m wondering if it’s the steel block on the trem. I’ve played the Full shred before and I do dig it and it never seemed bright to me. I might also be hearing the strings as I’m not generally a fan of a fresh set so I want to let them break in a bit also. Eventually I’ll get it sorted.

protest

Reaction score
Congrats!

Played a Pink HSS version at GC and was completely blown away. Played the Blue one next to it and, well it wasn't nearly as good. There definitely still hit or miss like all guitars in that price range, but the hits are damn amazing.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Same here i can’t put my finger on it. It seems a little bright to me, I’m wondering if it’s the steel block on the trem. I’ve played the Full shred before and I do dig it and it never seemed bright to me. I might also be hearing the strings as I’m not generally a fan of a fresh set so I want to let them break in a bit also. Eventually I’ll get it sorted.

I'd change the strings, I find factories always ship their guitars with too thin a gauge. Even going to a 46 on the bottom would thicken it up a good bit

Rich5150

Reaction score
I'd change the strings, I find factories always ship their guitars with too thin a gauge. Even going to a 46 on the bottom would thicken it up a good bit

No I had it plek’d and set up w 10-46 NYXL’s which are what I always use. I just hate the brightness of new strings so after a few days they will mellow out a little

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
That’s been a big problem for me as of late. My “super strats” sound like shit for a couple weeks after a string change, then start to sound more full/bigger/girthy/penis adjective. It’s a great excuse for not changing strings for months on end, though.

70Seven

Ibanez Foerever!!!
Reaction score
I've been considering a Charvel just like that one. One question, I play sitting down in the classical position, guitar rests on my left leg. Would the jack position hit on my right leg?

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
I've been considering a Charvel just like that one. One question, I play sitting down in the classical position, guitar rests on my left leg. Would the jack position hit on my right leg?

Nope. I started playing classical and i have had no issues.

Good question. I’m curious as well.

Answered above

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
Just would like to add:

How would you guys deal with some issues with tuning stability?

Put on a fresh new set of strings with the same gauge about 4 days ago and experiencing issues with the d g and sometimes the b string.

Neck is straight, guitar is intonated, I have checked all my other bases and dunno what could be the issue. This happens with light use of the tremolo. I knew this would happen and it is becoming a pain in the ass to retune it after every song