NGD: Agile Chiral Parallax 72527

• Thread starter Bownze
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bownze

Keeping it weird
Reaction score
Just received this today, a Sunday, so I guess Fedex is working OT for the holidays. Anyway, I've been watching this guitar for awhile on Rondo's website, and when they knocked off another $50, which made the savings $260 total, I pulled the trigger. I always wanted to try a fan fret and now I can. I was recently told by another guitar player it can be difficult to switch back and forth between fan and regular fret guitars. We shall see. Pleased with build/fit/finish/playability, but the tone is somewhat muddy, which kinda surprised me. I bought a Hadean ELS 8 back in 2016 and the passive pups in that guitar are crazy hot, so I thought this might be the case with this one as well. Other than replacing the pups, if anyone has a suggestion for a fix to brighten the tone I'd appreciate the input. I was planning on posting to the luthier thread about this as well. \m/

Attachments

• CIMG3766.JPG
    CIMG3766.JPG
    239.7 KB · Views: 56

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Just received this today, a Sunday, so I guess Fedex is working OT for the holidays. Anyway, I've been watching this guitar for awhile on Rondo's website, and when they knocked off another $50, which made the savings $260 total, I pulled the trigger. I always wanted to try a fan fret and now I can. I was recently told by another guitar player it can be difficult to switch back and forth between fan and regular fret guitars. We shall see. Pleased with build/fit/finish/playability, but the tone is somewhat muddy, which kinda surprised me. I bought a Hadean ELS 8 back in 2016 and the passive pups in that guitar are crazy hot, so I thought this might be the case with this one as well. Other than replacing the pups, if anyone has a suggestion for a fix to brighten the tone I'd appreciate the input. I was planning on posting to the luthier thread about this as well. \m/
rip out the tone knob and lower the pickups. That should make it sound clearer.