[NGD] Agile Intrepid Dual 830 EB CP Charcoal [x post reddit.com/r/Guitar]

• Thread starter SPNKr
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SPNKr

Reaction score
Imgur album http://i.imgur.com/J194Dh.jpg

Fast delivery, guitar is in great shape, it plays smooth, is HEAVY LOL. Oh and you don't even have to guess I'm a big Meshuggah fan :) This is my first 8.

The finish is darker than it looked like on the site, the guitar is gone from the listing for some reason, but it's got a green and purple streaking. Beautiful.

From Rondo's site:
  • Swamp ash body, Ebony Fretboard
  • 5 piece maple/walnut neck-thru body design with headstock matching body
  • Maple Neck with 15” radius. Width 2 ¼” at the nut
  • No inlays on the neck. Position markers on the side of the neck only
  • Neck profile (thickeness): 7/8" at the nut 7/8" at the 12th fret
  • Scale Length: 30” 24 Jumbo Frets
  • Dual Cepheus Passive Pickups with master volume and tone. Cavity has been routed large enough to accommodate additional electronics
  • Hip Shot Bridge
  • String through body
  • Die-cast Grover sealed tuners model GH305-18 with 18-1 ratio for fine tuning
  • Graphite Nut
  • Satin Polyurethane Finish
  • String gauges: .009, .012, .015, .022, .030, .040, .054, .072
  • Weight: ~10 lbs./4.53 kg.
Douglas EGC-200 Intrepid Case

I tuned it to F, Bb, Eb standard. I don't even have a 7 string haha.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Apatheosis

Reaction score
Looks awesome, just gorgeous. And yeah, the charcoal Agile 30s have always screamed Meshuggah at me. I have the single pickup version on my Christmas list!

SPNKr

Reaction score
Thank you guys :D
Yes I'm on reddit, but over some years I've found googled links that lead to 7S.org. So basically I've lurked here on and off too. Actually that's what happened with me and TGPF.

Looks awesome, just gorgeous. And yeah, the charcoal Agile 30s have always screamed Meshuggah at me. I have the single pickup version on my Christmas list!
This was actually a christmas present to myself! I've never ordered from rondo music so I figured I'll try 3 weeks in advance, I'm in Australia. Early christmas for me. :hbang:

Oh and I've got Schaller strap locks for it already, gonna put those on later today.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
you don't need to do the "cross post from" thing here, this isn't a subreddit! :lol:

The 830 Charcoals are HAWT though!

SPNKr

Reaction score
you don't need to do the "cross post from" thing here, this isn't a subreddit! :lol:

The 830 Charcoals are HAWT though!

Well I felt like doing it so deal with it :p but it prolly goes to show I've been on reddit that long, doing that is normal for me. I HOPE they put up more Charcoals, last time I checked they're gone. They disappeared about a week after I bought mine which is weird.:scratch:

How's the scale on that monster? I've got a bolt-on swamp ash Intrepid in a 28" scale.

I love your version too, second/third preference! Mine's the 30" scale and I didn't have problems transitioning to it. Just the width of the nut and extra strings takes some getting used to. The key is to play for at least half an hour a day and I get used to it more and more. It's a fun guitar.

WaffleTheEpic

Banned
Reaction score
Are you sure yours isn't the bolt on? I looked at your pics, and the neck didn't look like the maple/walnut/maple neck thru and the body didn't have any indications of it.. Is it just the swamp ash 30" scale one?