NGD: Agile Legacy Plus 72527

• Thread starter Backsnack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
So this may be not a huge surprise considering my previous posts from shopping around for a new 7-string, so here it is:

CF31398-A-0-EEB-4-D37-B168-395662-D59-DB6.jpg

8-B9-B1-E34-8-FF9-4492-A703-8-AEBC3-C5-E229.jpg

77-B0952-A-CE65-4-A4-C-98-DC-AB8-FC7426608.jpg

The fan on this guy is very comfortable, and arguably easier to work with vs. my 8-string Agile's more drastic fan (28.625 - 25.5"). The satin finish all over feels great, my thumb can glide effortlessly all over the neck. Cosmetically, I think the guitar is gorgeous and I've gotten quite a few compliments on it already. Yes, it's essentially a copy of the look of the Kiesel bevel tops. One of my favorite features on this guitar is the bridge. It's so much nicer on a fanned fret configuration to have a legit bridge for resting my hand on vs. just individually mounted saddles onto the body. The neck joint is very streamlined and provides great access to the upper frets. It's not quite as much or as seamless as a neck-thru, but it's still very good.

My previous Agile was an 8-string Septor Elite with EMGs, which had a fantastic setup and feel out of the box. This guitar also feels great out of the box, despite the fact that it's about 40% less than the price of the aforementioned 8-string. However, it does have some minor intonation issues which should be corrected once I have the guitar re-tuned and set up to my specs.

The only mods I'm going to put on the guitar for the time being are a set of strap locks and locking tuners, and new string gauges. The pickups aren't bad, they're just ok. Instead of going the Lace route again, I'm searching for a duplicate set of the stock pickups or a passive with a bar magnet to have rewound by Seymour Duncan to something similar to the Duncan Solar pickups.

IMO, the build quality and features for this price point ($550) are just unmatched by most other brands. This was a great purchase and I'm sure I'll be enjoying it for quite a long time. I had to sell my 7 when I was cleaning out the house to make room for baby son. It's good to have a 7-string in my hands again. :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Looking good, if they made a 6 like this I'd be in trouble :hbang:

NickLAudio

Reaction score
Nice! These "galaxy burst" burl Legacys were super limited run, on the site for maybe a week or two tops. My buddy got the 727 version of this exact guitar and finish, definitely plays and sounds great like an Agile and the material list wood wise leans towards a higher end guitar for sure. Other than the headless models, these finishes didn't last long at all!

Looks sick and happy NGD!

PS: If your bridge looks not seated properly on the body like my buddy's, they ran the bridge ground wire underneath the entire length of the bridge, essentialy becoming a washer between body and bridge. I clipped the access and made the contact where the hole for it was routed. Yours might be good but just a heads up to check.

:cheers:

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
Nice! These "galaxy burst" burl Legacys were super limited run, on the site for maybe a week or two tops. My buddy got the 727 version of this exact guitar and finish, definitely plays and sounds great like an Agile and the material list wood wise leans towards a higher end guitar for sure. Other than the headless models, these finishes didn't last long at all!

Looks sick and happy NGD!

PS: If your bridge looks not seated properly on the body like my buddy's, they ran the bridge ground wire underneath the entire length of the bridge, essentialy becoming a washer between body and bridge. I clipped the access and made the contact where the hole for it was routed. Yours might be good but just a heads up to check.

:cheers:

You may be right. And now I'm wondering if I bought one of the last ones! They showed one in stock when I was eyeing this for my birthday present, then it sold out. I sent an email to Kurt and he said they were going to be in very limited supply through the end of the year. I happened to check early one morning after getting a promo email and saw they were back in stock. I snagged it immediately.

That's weird about your friend's bridge, pretty dumb move on Agile's part. Thanks for the heads up though. My bridge looks fine, but I'm sure my luthier will correct any wiring problems when I swap out the pickups.

The only strange thing I noticed was that the neck pickup seemed a bit tweaked on its mount out of the box. I popped it back into place so it's straight. I should probably take a small screwdriver to it and make sure the screws are tight.

Last edited:

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
It’s sort of a subjective question, but what do you guys think of a sort of hybrid tuning:

A E A D F# B E

That would provide B standard with a high E, with drop A on the bottom for power chords. Then I can tune up a string or two for playing stuff in standard tunings.

Latest posts