NGD: Anderson Drop Top T

• Thread starter guitaardvark
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitaardvark

Reaction score
Really excited to share this one!

I've had tele GAS for a while now, but it was impossible to find a tele that had all of the features I wanted, including:
- gorgeous top
- forearm/belly/heel carve
- thin enough neck
- flatter radius

After looking at a number of brands (Fender, Suhr, Aristides, Kiesel, etc.) I just couldn't find one with all of those features that I liked. I was ready to give up and shell out for a high end Warmoth and eat the resale value, but then I stumbled upon this thing. Previous owner bought it brand new and played it for an hour, then it sat in a case for years. After getting it for a steep discount off of the original price, I present:

IMG_5390.jpgIMG_5393.jpg

I've had the privilege of playing some absurdly nice and high end instruments: Mayones, Suhr, Aristides, Teuffel, Black Machine, Ibanez LACS, PRS, Jackson Custom Shop, etc.. I think this might be the nicest guitar I've ever played, never mind owned. The attention to detail is simply outstanding, and it just feels perfect in the hands. The fretwork is perfect, and the neck and body are rounded over so it fits perfectly in your hands and on your lap. Tops are always difficult to capture in photos, but it has a beautiful chatoyance, and this shade of blue is my absolute favorite.

I particularly love the little details, like the weird trapezoidal neck pocket. The rationale is that it only requires two screws and will never shift from side to side and leave a gap. I've never been bothered by neck pocket gaps, but at this price point, I had extremely high expectations, and they delivered. There's no gap whatsoever.
IMG_5392.jpgIMG_5391.jpg

Another weird feat of borderline overengineering is the addition of a second strap button on the bottom. This is so that you can lean it against a wall or whatever and have it stay upright.
IMG_5394.jpg

The previous owner installed Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders, which are fine. I ordered a 4 way switch and intend to put the original Anderson pickups back in.

The one thing I can't figure out is that it has the Buzz Feitan Tuning System. However, it has a regular nut (not the shelf nut advertised on the Buzz Feitan website). If anyone is familiar with this, help a fella out.

Thanks for reading! After years of envying the folks on here with some absolutely beautiful instruments, I'm excited to join the club. Now, I just have to practice a few more hours every day to convince myself that I deserve this :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
wow is that nice.
I never realized they did neck joints like that - looks super comfy.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Played my first Anderson, a lil' Angel, on Sat. Great build quality. It was also super light. The neck joint looks chunky, but feels much better than it looks.

Enjoy!!

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Really excited to share this one!

I've had tele GAS for a while now, but it was impossible to find a tele that had all of the features I wanted, including:
- gorgeous top
- forearm/belly/heel carve
- thin enough neck
- flatter radius

After looking at a number of brands (Fender, Suhr, Aristides, Kiesel, etc.) I just couldn't find one with all of those features that I liked. I was ready to give up and shell out for a high end Warmoth and eat the resale value, but then I stumbled upon this thing. Previous owner bought it brand new and played it for an hour, then it sat in a case for years. After getting it for a steep discount off of the original price, I present:

View attachment 125925View attachment 125928

I've had the privilege of playing some absurdly nice and high end instruments: Mayones, Suhr, Aristides, Teuffel, Black Machine, Ibanez LACS, PRS, Jackson Custom Shop, etc.. I think this might be the nicest guitar I've ever played, never mind owned. The attention to detail is simply outstanding, and it just feels perfect in the hands. The fretwork is perfect, and the neck and body are rounded over so it fits perfectly in your hands and on your lap. Tops are always difficult to capture in photos, but it has a beautiful chatoyance, and this shade of blue is my absolute favorite.

I particularly love the little details, like the weird trapezoidal neck pocket. The rationale is that it only requires two screws and will never shift from side to side and leave a gap. I've never been bothered by neck pocket gaps, but at this price point, I had extremely high expectations, and they delivered. There's no gap whatsoever.
View attachment 125927View attachment 125926

Another weird feat of borderline overengineering is the addition of a second strap button on the bottom. This is so that you can lean it against a wall or whatever and have it stay upright.
View attachment 125924

The previous owner installed Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders, which are fine. I ordered a 4 way switch and intend to put the original Anderson pickups back in.

The one thing I can't figure out is that it has the Buzz Feitan Tuning System. However, it has a regular nut (not the shelf nut advertised on the Buzz Feitan website). If anyone is familiar with this, help a fella out.

Thanks for reading! After years of envying the folks on here with some absolutely beautiful instruments, I'm excited to join the club. Now, I just have to practice a few more hours every day to convince myself that I deserve this :)
Congrats on buying the objectively Best Telecaster.

As for the Buzz Feiten thing, IIRC it's designed so you tune a just slightly sharp or flat and it doesn't need a compensated nut. But when I had an Anderson I just tuned it the normal way and it sounded fine, it's a very subtle thing. https://www.andersonguitarworks.com/tuning-tips