NGD: Another Tele!

• Thread starter ZachK
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score
So my parents hooked me up with another guitar for Christmas.

This bad ............ right here:
IMG_0056_zpsd50f79f6.jpg

Squier J5 Tele in Frost Gold

Pics First. Review and Sounds after.

Long and McQuade shipped this from British Columbia to Ontario, and managed to break the toggle switch clean in half, rendering it basically un-moveable. Taking this to the shop tomorrow to get this set straight. The toggle switch was laying in the case, put a nice 4 inch scratch in the body.

IMG_0046_zpsc679a251.jpg

IMG_0058_zpsfe71750a.jpg

IMG_0059_zpsb0e04810.jpg

IMG_0061_zpsc2932a2d.jpg

IMG_0063_zpsbec2cdd9.jpg

IMG_0057_zps97e7bc53.jpg

And a sibling shot

IMG_0062_zps0161dea3.jpg

Finish 9/10

Pros: Binding is sexy as ..... Double binding makes double sexy. Frost gold looks absolutely stunning in the light, my iPotato doesn't do it justice!

Cons: Some dirt on the binding in the horn, and a little bit of a .... up in the truss cavity, but I'm not concerned about it.

Sound / Pups 9/10

Pros: Bridge = bitey, neck is jazzy as can be, super creamy. Nice contrast between the pups.

Cons: Note definition on the neck pup could be a bit better for full chords with distortion, but I can't expect much.

Neck/Frets 9/10

Pros: Seated perfectly, rosewood is nice and dark, not dry either, frets are all seated, no excess glue, none popping out, no sharp edges, friggen amazing

Cons: Not a one.

Sound: https://soundcloud.com/zacharyk/j5-tele-tone-test

Butchered a cover of Dead City Radio by Rob Zombie. Thought it was fitting to play this tune on my J5 Tele as the inaugural recording!

Thanks for looking, and Merry Christmas!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
I'd see what you can do about a partial refund, since you now have to pay money to get it fixed, and it's not in "new" condition since it's gonna have a retrofitted part, and as you said, a giant scratch in it.

Glad you enjoy it otherwise tho! HNGD man!

metale

Reaction score
Congrats, man! Hope you get it fixed soon. I have the black/chrome one, amazing guitar for the price even in stock form.

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score
Great sounding track, thats awesome. How do you like the jim root tele?

The Jim Root Tele is also amazing. The JR is getting EMGs and this one is getting D Activators at some point.

I'd see what you can do about a partial refund, since you now have to pay money to get it fixed, and it's not in "new" condition since it's gonna have a retrofitted part, and as you said, a giant scratch in it.

Glad you enjoy it otherwise tho! HNGD man!

I'm not sure, but I believe that it came with a warranty, and I shouldn't have to pay for it. If I do, I'll be slightly annoyed.

It's a really great guitar other than those issues.

Congrats, man! Hope you get it fixed soon. I have the black/chrome one, amazing guitar for the price even in stock form.

Agreed! Was gonna ask for the black/chrome, but I have/had too many black guitars to not get Frost Gold hah.

Thanks dudes! I'll keep ya's posted on the repair situation

metale

Reaction score
Agreed! Was gonna ask for the black/chrome, but I have/had too many black guitars to not get Frost Gold hah.

I'de love one of each, maybe with diferent pickups between them :hbang:

Keep in mind it's made of alder (regarding dactivators) while John 5's are Ash.

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score
I'de love one of each, maybe with diferent pickups between them :hbang:

Keep in mind it's made of alder (regarding dactivators) while John 5's are Ash.

That would also be cool!

Strange, his Triple Tele (three humbucker version) is Alder as well though haha.

Also, took this axe into Long & McQuade, they're ordering me a full replacement.. Possible 3 week wait time, which sucks, but this new one is coming straight from Fender, and not another store, so everything should be kosher.

I also noticed the nut is slightly angled on this one, so I should be getting a 'better' axe when the new on comes in!