NGD! bah, just a GIO.

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
:wavey:I bought yesterday this guitar to a friend, who buy it 8 or 9 months ago, because he think he can be rockstar :shred:*FAIL* so he wanna car now, and needs money, so, I pay 150$ for this (in my country, used guitars cost about 40-70% from new, not like USA, I will never ever could buy a 7421 for 150$ like yankees:nono:).

Is a Ibanez GIO GSA60, china, 2007. The guitar have any scrath or something, just old strings (originals:nuts:) and a really bad set up.

I clean it all, oil the fretboard, new strings 0.10, tuned in E standard, or drop D, for practicing and Taproot`s cover with my band:hbang: haha

I don`t like the guitar, is pretty good lokin, but the sound is horrible, I`ve played strats with better sound, the bridge...I just hate it, not stable at all,and don`t have regulated saddles, like a floyd. The fretboard is very confortable, but the fretwork sucks, I cut my hand with a fret, really.

here is the process pics, hope you like it and don`t hate to post GIOs.:realmad:
fretboard :ugh:
a.jpg

good bye 2 years old Ibanez strings
b.jpg

just want to see inside...
c.jpg

oiling
d.jpg

thats how rosewood looks!:bowdown:
f.jpg

new strings
e.jpg

pics finish.
h.jpg

i.jpg

j.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sPliNtEr_777

Reaction score
one of my friends has that exact guitar. I was totally suprised at how well such a cheap axe plays, it was unreal, easily as nice as my ESP.
Needs new pups tho... hint hint ;)

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Ibanez Gio play great, the pickups just suck which is to be expected. Thats a nice one.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I bought one of these (a blue one) for my cousin for CAD$150 new (i'm pretty sure someone at the store was either asleep or on drugs when they priced it), and it's an incredible little guitar for the money. Plays nice, and is quite light and resonant, and the pickups actually aren't horrible.

Considering the junk that's being sold in those "starter kit" guitars, i think this is a fantastic instrument for not too much cash.