NGD - Benedetto

• Thread starter JSanta
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JSanta

Reaction score
My favorite style of music to both listen to and play is jazz. I have been playing my Eastman 7 string almost exclusively the past few years, but my carpal tunnel that has made it nearly impossible to play that guitar. It's honestly been in its case for the past 6 months. I was not looking for a guitar, but was watching Pat Martino videos and of course Google ads notifies me that there is a Benedetto Bambino for sale at my local GC of all places. I've always wanted a Benedetto, but was not in a position to spend that kind of money. Well, the price was too good, and I can play it for an hour pain free. I've only seen Benedetto's in the hands of my favorite players, but never had the nerve to ask Bucky or Howard Alden if I could try theirs. The Bambino might be their base model, but it is built perfectly and the guitar is in super clean shape for being nearly 6 years old. I've never played a better made guitar. It's certainly not flashy, but through an amp, this guitar sounds like a jazz guitar should, at least to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mgh

Betwixt and Between
Reaction score
Love the bound fretboard. Nice take on the singlecut shape too

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
I like that color, it's just the right shade of dark red (at least in those pics) :)

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
Love Benedetto guitars! They are made in my hometown of Savannah, Georgia. That looks like it really speaks to you man. Great purchase.

JSanta

Reaction score
Love the bound fretboard. Nice take on the singlecut shape too

This would actually be a take on the traditional Florentine cutaway archtop (which this is), but in a reduced 14.5" lower bout and 2" deep instead of the more traditional 16-17" lower bout and 3" deep body. So this guitar is a true archtop with laminated top, back, and sides, without the F holes. Through an amp the guitar just shines.

The color is their Espresso finish, and looks more like a deep coffee color in most light, but has this fantastic deep reddish under some types of light.

xzacx

Reaction score
YOU'RE the one that bought it! I'd been thinking about it for a couple days, went to the GC Used site to buy it, and it was gone. How do you like it? Things ended up working out for me and I made a great trade for a Sadowsky Jimmy Bruno, which I'm super happy with, but you really got a great deal on this. Congrats!

JSanta

Reaction score
YOU'RE the one that bought it! I'd been thinking about it for a couple days, went to the GC Used site to buy it, and it was gone. How do you like it? Things ended up working out for me and I made a great trade for a Sadowsky Jimmy Bruno, which I'm super happy with, but you really got a great deal on this. Congrats!

I was shocked it had been sitting there for 2 months! The guitar plays perfectly. The guys at Benedetto know how to make the perfect neck carve. I've never played a better instrument. I work a lot on chord melody, and the neck on the Eastman was killing me. Not the case with this guitar at all. I probably worked 5 or 6 hours this weekend on a few tunes, and my wrist feels better than it has in nearly a year.

You gotta do a NGD on that Bruno!! I was torn between a Bruno and a Benedetto, but could never find one for a decent price even when they were blowing them out a couple of years back. But you're right, the deal I got on this guitar is better than I could have ever imagined!

Nakon14

Smells like updog
Reaction score
Hah! I saw the pics and thought "Hmm, that looks familiar..." then I saw your location and it clicked, you got this from my store! Congrats on grabbing it, that's an awesome, awesome guitar! A couple people had that on hold while it was there but never bit the bullet, I'm glad it's gone to a good home!

JSanta

Reaction score
Hah! I saw the pics and thought "Hmm, that looks familiar..." then I saw your location and it clicked, you got this from my store! Congrats on grabbing it, that's an awesome, awesome guitar! A couple people had that on hold while it was there but never bit the bullet, I'm glad it's gone to a good home!

I can only find a couple of tiny player flaws on the instrument. I'm still shocked it went unsold as long as it did! The only thing I could think of is GC is not my first idea when thinking about fine archtops, and perhaps others felt the same. What's evident is that the instrument was well cared for. Either way, a great deal like this actually worked out in my favor for a change.