NGD... But not so happy

• Thread starter PavarottiTheBro
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PavarottiTheBro

Reaction score
Hey :)

As you can see, this is my first post. Even though I come here a lot, I never felt like I had something interesting to say... Until now :p
I decided to buy my first ERG, an RG8. I was really happy when the guitar arrived, until I really looked at it and tried it out.
When I first played the guitar(unplugged), I loved it! The neck was really comfy and I didn't find the 2 extra strings weird at all(just a little buzz on the 8th string). But then I noticed some odd stuff...

gAEvImJ.jpg

Is this normal? I don't really know, but doesn't look like it for sure... The neck screws have some weird stuff too, but I couldn't get a decent pic of that.

Still, this wasn't the worst. When I first plugged the guitar to an amp, there was a HUGE hum sound... I switched cables, tried different amps and it just didn't disappear.

I'm emailing them today to return the guitar... I just hope my second NGD goes better than this one :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

blanco

Reaction score
I think we're going to need a better picture. That looks like it could be the wood colouration or equally a light behind the camera.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
Ok, I wasn't sure if you meant the fretboard or the plastic :lol:, no disrespect...

Could you maybe describe what we're looking at? Does it seem like wood? Stained? Water damage? Any discolouration on the fret?

PavarottiTheBro

Reaction score
I tried to get a better picture, but it's hard at the moment.
Well, as I said, I don't know much about this, but it looks like some kind of wood filler to me... Still, I also think it could be normal wood colouration. But this isn't what bothered me the most, I'm returning the guitar because of that huge noise :\

yauyo

Reaction score
Do you mean that gap between pick-up and fret-board seems too close that locates on 1st string?

Floppystrings

banned
Reaction score
I have never seen a blurry guitar before.

Definitely return it for a less blurry one.

Toxic Dover

Reaction score
Does the hum go away when you touch the strings or the bridge? If so, the pickups aren't grounded properly, which they absolutely should have been from the factory... It's a relatively easy fix in most cases, but if swapping it for another one is an option, that's what I'd do.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I can't tell what it is you're trying to point out in that pic, maybe try using Macro Mode so we can get a pic that is clear. Also, this is posted in the Sevenstring guitars section when technically it should be posted under the ERG section.

Rev.