NGD Charles cilia 7 string

mat2379

Reaction score
Hi NGD :)
I just received this custom 7 string from Charles Cilia a Luthier from Sydney about 2 weeks ago. Waited a while before posting. Here's the specs:
Neck - flame maple (bolt on)
Fretboard - rosewood
Headstock - madagascar rosewood
Body- Mahogany
Top - Burl Maple
Pickups - Dimarzio Air norton (neck) Dimarzio tone zone 7 (bridge)
Piezo
Volume knob (Blower switch)
Tone knob ( volume control for piezo)
Hipshot bridge.
scale length - 27" 24 frets

Overall vibe - Sheer Awesomeness :) haha

Attachments

• PB030747.jpg
    PB030747.jpg
    615.5 KB · Views: 539
  • PB030749.jpg
    PB030749.jpg
    651.7 KB · Views: 357
  • PB030759.jpg
    PB030759.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 364
  • PB030752.jpg
    PB030752.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 246
  • PB030753.jpg
    PB030753.jpg
    684 KB · Views: 236

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Very nice man. Although the exposed piezo wires don't sit well with me.
That sure is a nice top too.

mat2379

Reaction score
Yeh about the piezo there was a good reason for it turning out the way it did. Can't remember it but I'm going to see Charles next week so I'll ask him then and get back to you all with the reason :) he ran it by me first and I was fine with it

guitarnoize

Reaction score
Yeah I think it's to do with the hipshot, I've seen other guitars Charles has built with Les Paul style bridges and you can't see the Piezo wires at all.

guitarnoize

Reaction score
How do you find having no inlays I'm thinking of doing the same for my build with just side dots, played classical when I was younger so figure I'll get used to it again?

mat2379

Reaction score
How do you find having no inlays I'm thinking of doing the same for my build with just side dots, played classical when I was younger so figure I'll get used to it again?

I'm primarily a classical player so no inlays isn't much of an issue although i do prefer side dots though. When i play my guitars that have inlays I still look at the side ones so i reckon you'll get used to it pretty quickly and easily. I couldn't think of an inlay i wanted on this guitar so i just went with none.

guitarnoize

Reaction score
I'm primarily a classical player so no inlays isn't much of an issue although i do prefer side dots though. When i play my guitars that have inlays I still look at the side ones so i reckon you'll get used to it pretty quickly and easily. I couldn't think of an inlay i wanted on this guitar so i just went with none.

Oh wait are you the guy Charles was telling me about that has won classical guitar contests etc. overseas? I couldn't think of an inlay either so thought a really nice piece of Madagascar Rosewood instead would look awesome carried through to the headstock. I studied classical at Uni but its been a while! No side dots in those days though and seemed to cope ok so yeah hopefully should be fine too

mat2379

Reaction score
Hahaha yeh man that's me unfortunately. Yeh a nice piece of rosewood is just classy. There's a really awesome inlay he's done on another 7 string. Did you end up selling the suhr?

guitarnoize

Reaction score
Hahaha yeh man that's me unfortunately. Yeh a nice piece of rosewood is just classy. There's a really awesome inlay he's done on another 7 string. Did you end up selling the suhr?

Yeah I was tempted to go with a similar inlay as that other 7 it's crazy but didn't want to copy and couldn't think of anything original haha

Yeah sold my Suhr Modern to fund the build and confident that this will become my main guitar, I've never played a 7 that feels so comfortable before I didn't even notice the longer scale length!