NGD: Charvel DK24

• Thread starter oneblackened
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

oneblackened

Tube Amp Dork
Reaction score
After playing the import Charvels a bunch at NAMM and being incredibly impressed with how freakin' good they are... I figured I'd buy one. ProAudioStar was doing their "used, but actually new in box" sales on ebay, and I had a $100 coupon... How could I say no for $599?

So, I bought one, and on Friday it showed up. The fit and finish on this thing is absolutely stellar for the money. Legitimately good setup out of the box, fretwork is excellent, wiring works well. Finish is flawless as far as I can tell.
2019-03-15-13-54-27-1.jpg

2019-03-15-13-54-40-1.jpg

2019-03-15-18-29-06.jpg

Everything was awesome until, uh... this.
2019-03-16-09-41-28.jpg

The bar was over-plated and I had to remove some of the plating to get it to fit. Not really Charvel's fault, though, that's on Floyd Rose. A little steel wool and it fits fine. The fine tuners are sort of stiff also, but I figure that's also on FR and it should be easy to fix when I restring and set this thing up for its intended tuning.

The only downsides are the stock pickups aren't quite my thing. They're very hyper-precise and I, uh... I am not that good of a player. :lol: I'm going to replace them with something hotter and a bit fatter, I think.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

decoy205

Reaction score
Noice! What tuning are you going to use?

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
The tuners on all the Korean Floyd’s are like that. A little oil smooths them out. It’s bc they have coarse threads rather than fine threads like the German Floyd’s. Glad you got the bar to work.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, I want to get one of these. I would LOVE for there to be a 7 string equivalent, because these DK24 Floyd models are gorgeous.

Avedas

Reaction score
Congrats, these are really awesome! I was just taking a look at one today actually. The finish is beautiful.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Congrats! I usually hate gold hardware, but these Angel inspired ones click a ton of boxes and look absolutely killer. Been eyeing them up myself.

gnoll

Reaction score
Cool! The black, white, gold and maple look great together I think.