NGD: Charvel Masterbuilt So-Cal

• Thread starter TheInvisibleHand
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheInvisibleHand

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So I've been after a "perfect strat for a while. Had a custom shop piece I enjoyed but had to sell for life reasons. After that, I tried a few American models after that were all fun but never quite had the "vibe" the Custom Shop model had. That said, the CS guitar wasn't by any means perfect and there were some specs that I would have preferred had I been able to spec it myself, namely, a much flatter radius and a wider nut.

So when this popped up in my daily search on the 'verb for the most recent Charvel/ Jackson offerings, I made moves. The perfect Strat that can't even be called a Strat. Its a Charvel Masterbuilt So-Cal specced out by the Music Zoo to basically be the Charvel-ized take on the classic Strat. Classic finish. Classic Shape (mostly). But with a 12-26in radius fretboard. Stainless steel frets. A Guthrie Govan trem.

It definitely feels like the best of both worlds. It sits like a strat and sounds like a strat but the neck feels alllllll Charvel.

IMG_3990.jpgIMG_3991.jpgIMG_3992.jpgIMG_3993.jpgIMG_3994.jpgIMG_3995.jpgIMG_3996.jpgIMG_3998.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Haven't seen that logo on the back of the headstock before. Something new?

lost_horizon

Reaction score
Love that it's a floating floyd, all the slinky feel and then it would feel like a normal strat.

SCN = Samarian Cobalt Noiseless pickups?
Switching? Controls?

TheInvisibleHand

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Love that it's a floating floyd, all the slinky feel and then it would feel like a normal strat.

SCN = Samarian Cobalt Noiseless pickups?
Switching? Controls?
Yep, they’re the Samarian cobalt noiseless hot pickups. 5 way with master volume and 2 tone.

Latest posts