NGD: Christmas Bonus Pt. II - New Jack(son) City

• Thread starter MFB
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
No extravagent story here like with my EHB's NBD, I was just in need of another axe at the level of my EC1000 and despite all my attempts at looking through ESPs catalog, nothing really landed for me. A LOT of models would occupy some space in the ol' brain for a hot minute, but I went from Arctic Metal M-HT, to Phoenix, to TE, to Xtone/PS, back to the M-HT, or what about an EX? Nah, something a bit simpler, ad nauseum.

Then when I was browsing the GC used section, I saw one of these posted without a photo and decided to go try and out as I had a 50/50 shot on the finish. Turned out to be the black model, and the fingerprints drove me nuts, but it played extremely well - so I went to my car, pulled out Reverb and found a white one online somewhere else :lol:

Day or so later it ships, travels a bit and arrived at my doorstep today in all it's stripped down, simple metal glory. I gave it a run through on my Zombie II, and the Blackouts are straight dogshit; truly can't express just how glad I'll be when the Duncan Distortion goes in there. Along with that the neck pickup is coming out and then it's going into B Standard to be my low-tuned squeeze.

v2Yp13h.jpg dcL4Qdq.jpg 09ulYe7.jpg RZ5wrT8.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I’ve been really wanting one of these as of late. That or the OG red Ibanez he had after BC Rich. Congrats!

that’s a bummer to hear about the pickups, it at least you’ve got replacements on the way already. :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I’ve been really wanting one of these as of late. That or the OG red Ibanez he had after BC Rich. Congrats!

that’s a bummer to hear about the pickups, it at least you’ve got replacements on the way already. :lol:

They're probably the most slept on of the Jackson models, and I don't think they're promoting them as heavily as they should. I mean, just look at it, it's a two hum hardtail Soloist in a white or black finish with a blank ebony board.

These things should be going toe to toe with mid level RGs and LTDs, but instead they end up on the used market for 3/4 of their new price.