NGD - Custom 7-String "Vikoyes" Style

• Thread starter Fringe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
Very cool! I'm digging the headstock the most.
HNGD!:yesway:

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Gorgeous! Waaaaay nicer than that KxK that just got posted.
Happy NGD, man!

Like, I don't understand why you have to say stuff like that..? You're just taking away from the KxK owner's own NGD thread by saying something irrelevant to this one.

That aside, this looks beautiful. I'd love to hear how it sounds.

TheBigGroove

Reaction score
Wish I knew "a guy" with wood-working skills like that. I know I'm speaking from pics alone but the thing looks impeccable! Congrats!

Also, I wouldn't mind knowing how to get in touch with the guy who built it :)

Edit: I should probably start reading through the thread before asking questions :lol:

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
That's got to be one of the prettier guitars I've ever seen. Would totally buy one if it were a production line.

stratjacket

Lost in a loop
Reaction score
Damn, that headstock is awesome, I love that design. Very nice guitar.

I too wish I "knew a guy". I actually do have a very good friend that has his own shop and does all kinds of woodworking, builds custom canoe's and nice cabinets and stuff. I've been trying to talk him into the trying a guitar build, but no luck yet. He's probably correct in thinking he doesn't have the know how for all the guitar secret stuff.

timbale

Reaction score
Wish I knew "a guy" with wood-working skills like that. I know I'm speaking from pics alone but the thing looks impeccable! Congrats!

Also, I wouldn't mind knowing how to get in touch with the guy who built it :)

Edit: I should probably start reading through the thread before asking questions :lol:

This "guy" is a german Luthier building guitars under the the brandname "Unicut Guitars". I own one myselfs build in 2009/2010. Th "guy" ;) is name Flo and offers great communication.

jahosy

Reaction score
This "guy" is a german Luthier building guitars under the the brandname "Unicut Guitars". I own one myselfs build in 2009/2010. Th "guy" ;) is name Flo and offers great communication.

Awesome! Whats the built time like?

Fringe

Reaction score
Sorry for not being available at the weekend ;) But yeah it's like Timbale said, Flo of Unicut built that for me and he indeed is a very nice guy!

Built time really depends on what you want and how busy he is. It's not his main profession, so he builds them in his shop at home when not at work (he's working shift, so he's lucky in having enough time to build guitars).

If you got questions, just hook him up or message me, I can also help you to contact him!

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Again thank you guys! The organic look was definetly what I was looking for and turned out really nice.

It's a german luthier, his little shop is called Unicut Guitars, guess there already was one or the other thread on him somewhere here. One man show with a real passion for what he's doing, great guy!

Oh Fred the Shred himself posts :) , met you on Musikmesse with Felix last year, hope to see you again this time around!

I'll be there this year as well, yes. :)