NGD Custom Purple V

• Thread starter ZXIIIT
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Huge thanks to Randy for going above and beyond with this build and to Omzig for providing the CAD files.

This was started a few months ago after I spent some time with a Schecter V-7, I ended up not liking a few things on it and sold it, but really missed having a V and a 7-string. I eyed a few production built 7-string Vs, some had things I liked, but the majority didn't, so I just had a body built to fit a donor GOC 7-string neck.

My biggest gripe with most Vs is the output jack placement, as playing live with a cord dangling between the horns is annoying. I really like the upper wing output jack placement as it's out of the way and wraps around the strap for extra security.

The alder body was done by Randy based off a Schecter V, but with symmetrical wings and a bolt on 26.5" neck from a GOC 7-string.

Paint was done locally by Portland Fret Works and they did an amazing job. It's metallic and looks either purple or blue depending on the light, so it's basically a metallic blurple finish.

Pickup is a BKP Riff Raff, which I don't seem to enjoy much but it has a cool burnt chrome finish and a push/pull knob, which I find myself barely using, lol.

Overall, the build of the GOC neck is great, though I did sand the neck down a bit because it was a bit thick.

Will get some staggered tuning machines and luminlay inlays at some point.
IMG_0798.JPG IMG_0803.JPG IMG_0805.JPG IMG_0808.JPG

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude hell yeah. That is glorious. Love the color, love the design, nice work, and congrats!

Omzig

Reaction score
Hell yeh that's pretty sweet, love the purple flip/flop paint job (tried that a few times myself and F'ed it up lol) and glad to of help with the CAD, id have cut it myself for you but dam shipping/duty/taxes is (still) crazy atm from UK - USA, Randy did a stellar job though so props to him :cheers: Happy NGD