NGD: Daemoness Cimmerian Cross Inlay w/ stop-killswitch and Korina/Maple Body

• Thread starter Xifter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xifter

Reaction score
DAYUM. How does this baby play?

I am ressurecting this thread to answer the questions asked like this one above.

Now that I have had enough time to fiddle around with it a.k.a... :shred:

I feel that I can give my experience on here for everyone. Essentially, the guitar sounds like one pissed off beast! It is the lightest guitar I have ever played outside of a parker 6 string. So, it plays fantastic and with the cold sweats I have actually nailed a tone that my friends and I think sounds spot on for nevermore/loomis. When my main computer gets fixed I can post up some clips.

In person the guitar is gorgeous and everyone that has played it says it is the best 7 string they have ever played hands down...

I would compare the neck actually to the Rusty Cooley neck for those of you who have played that. it is fairly similar IMO... It is a D neck that the D basically is not curved on the top and is flat basically... so kinda similar to an ibanez but ...different. I LOVE the shape and it is definitely it's own unique shape and feel. The satin'esk neck is a shredders dream.

The attack is amazing and it is punchy punchy punchy(in a very good way) I believe that the combo of korina w/ a maple cap really hits it on the head as far as my tonal preferences are concerned. The slim design of the body make it a 1/3 of the weight of my Schecter blackjack I have laying around for comparison.

Sorry that the review is somewhat out of order and my ADD makes me jump from topic to topic and back again randomly but I am just typing stuff as soon as it comes to mind so I don't forget before I hit the submit button :p

As far as the cold sweats are concerned... I really like them and they are definitely amazing pickups for their niche. In the future I will swap them out for the aftermaths in my Schecter because I love just how super tight that pickup can get and its overall design fits my personal style more to a tee but the cold sweats are still phenomenal and I see why some people prefer them over all other bkps.

If you have any other questions shoot them to me and I will try and get back to you sooner than my last response :lol:

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Great to see you got this! I got mine on Tuesday but haven't had a chance to do an NGD of my own yet. I'll get round to it I promise!

Had a great chat with Dylan when I picked mine from his place. Awesome guy, awesome guitars. I look forward to ordering another some time soon.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Daemoness do some amazing work! this thread may have pushed me over the edge to put an order in in the new year!

Great to know it plays as great as it looks! Amazing guitar mate congrats!

Xifter

Reaction score
clips&video man, cmon make us happy

This is the goal. However I do not have a fancy camera so I might have to just raw guitar it with sm57 and use video from my phone ... any advice or thoughts on how to easily do this would be appreciated LOL. I am open to any method as long as it doesn't require me to buy something expensive .. I already did that. By getting the guitar.

Tyler

Reaction score
What a beauty, congrats! The inlays on that look superb and very unique. I would love to see this thing in action. :agreed:

Ulvhedin

Phrygianist
Reaction score
I love it shitly much, been admiring on his fb page for a while :) Glad to see the owner is on the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts